Join for free
Page 767 of 1676 « First < 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 1267 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

nothin wrong with a bit of bonding - right spits - mind it can get a bit sticky??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:48 PM

Tomorrow starts off a week of top class racing at Royal Ascot. This is my favourite week of the year, far better to me than Liverpool or Epsom (Grand National and Derby weeks).
On day one I shall have several of my old mates and one or two dames from my old now closed local over to my place for drinks, smokes, and grub, the next day it will be someone else's turn and so on for the rest of the week. all jobs will be put on hold. As you know I’m not the sporting type, racing being my only sport so the wife is 100% with me on this.
To honour this special event I am offering a daily prize to my fellow scribblers if they can guess the colour of the Queen’s outfits on each day, the bookies do it so it’s a very popular bet especially with the lady folk. The winner will receive a drink of their choice from me, they have a choice of six different types of tea bag, Lyon’s, Barry’s, Musgrave, PG Tips, Lipton’s, or Twinings.

My guess for her outfit on day one is Yellow/lemon. Mean while it’s back to work for me now, so get cracking on the outfits and no vulgar answers please, she would not be amused.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Tomorrow starts off a week of top class racing at Royal Ascot. This is my favourite week of the year, far better to me than Liverpool or Epsom (Grand National and Derby weeks).
On day one I shall have several of my old mates and one or two dames from my old now closed local over to my place for drinks, smokes, and grub, the next day it will be someone else's turn and so on for the rest of the week. all jobs will be put on hold. As you know I’m not the sporting type, racing being my only sport so the wife is 100% with me on this.
To honour this special event I am offering a daily prize to my fellow scribblers if they can guess the colour of the Queen’s outfits on each day, the bookies do it so it’s a very popular bet especially with the lady folk. The winner will receive a drink of their choice from me, they have a choice of six different types of tea bag, Lyon’s, Barry’s, Musgrave, PG Tips, Lipton’s, or Twinings.

My guess for her outfit on day one is Yellow/lemon. Mean while it’s back to work for me now, so get cracking on the outfits and no vulgar answers please, she would not be amused.
When I lived in Windsor, that race course was just at the bottom of my road. My guess is pale blue.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 03:42 PM

yellow for me!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
In the frozen-foods department of our local grocery store, I saw a man shopping with his son. As I walked by, he checked something off his list, then whispered conspiratorially to his son, “You know, if we really mess this up, we’ll never have to do it again.”
You walked right past me and didn't even say hello.

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Livid Puke.
Her colour choices are always quite awful, and I am quite sure she knows and does it on purpose.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
You walked right past me and didn't even say hello.

You fool Fruity

Livid Puke.
Her colour choices are always quite awful, and I am quite sure she knows and does it on purpose.
Yuk.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-06-2018, 08:29 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=Fruitcake;
Livid Puke.

Livid Puke how disrespectful of you Fruity, off with your head dilly dilly. Did you mean Liver Fluke?
"Liver fluke is a collective name of a polyphyletic group of parasitic trematodes under the phylum Platyhelminthes. They are principally parasites of the liver of various mammals, including humans" Wikipedia.
I want to know what colour she’ll be wearing not what she had for breakfast.
Shall I take that as a matt cream then?

So we have two yellow, a cream or off white, and a blue so far, Phyllis says pink but she’ll probably change her mind just minutes pre the carriage coming down the track before the first race. There’s a thought now, I wonder will her new American in law be in the second carriage? this will probably be her first Ascot.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-06-2018, 08:41 PM

Love the gif Sweetie.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

19-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Ever notice in films when an actor is playing the part of a painter, and when the camera shows what he’s painting the painting is always finished and he just stands there fluting around with a dry brush on the canvass, who are they trying to fool, whenever I see this it sort of breaks the reality of the story for me and I realise he is only pretending, the whole idea of a good film is to make everything appear to be realistic.
Same with a sculptor working on a statue or a stonemason on a tombstone, he’s always on the very last letter, “here’s one I made earlier” springs to mind. Yes I know, I’ve little to be complaining about but you have to point things out to sort them out as they say. If an actor is going to play Michael Angelo he should at least take a few art lessons, and who knows he might even like it, just think of the great time Frank Finlay had practicing his role for Casanova.
I worked in a workshop in town and the boss had a wooden sculpture hanging above the workshop door, it was done by a well known artist from County Cork and it featured St. Joseph and the boy Jesus working in Joseph’s carpentry, Joseph was chiselling away at a block of wood while Jesus looked on. When he (the boss) was showing tourists around the workshop he would always point to the carving and say the same thing every time, he spent several years in the USA and had a slight American accent “Gee I’d never take on that Joseph guy and his son, they’ve been on that same piece of wood since I put them up there 10 years ago” Everyone of us sitting at the benches would groan out in slow harmony “Haw, haw, haw”

Page 767 of 1676 « First < 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 1267 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top