Join for free
Page 10 of 79 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:13 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

I wonder if Derek Chauvin is on suicide watch while in custody ? Has anyone read anything about that ?

I feel it is vital that he go through the entire justice process and I'd hate to see him take the easy way out.

Moreover, every cop in America is likely watching this case with great interest. It would do them a world of good to see one of their "brother officers" get convicted of murder and serving out a lengthy sentence.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I wonder if Derek Chauvin is on suicide watch while in custody ? Has anyone read anything about that ?

I feel it is vital that he go through the entire justice process and I'd hate to see him take the easy way out.

Moreover, every cop in America is likely watching this case with great interest. It would do them a world of good to see one of their "brother officers" get convicted of murder and serving out a lengthy sentence.
If he's guilty and what level of murder. AFAIK he's charged with murder #3 which could be plea bargained to a lesser charge.

What I DO find sad is the level of hatred being levelled at the police. Bad as some of them might be nevertheless they put their life on the line to protect the public from the filth presently rioting and looting and if it were not for the police would just burst out everywhere until there was nothing left. What the USA has to ensure law and order may have faults but it's to be prefered to the scum that they have to confront every day.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just as the case of the videos we can only go by what is leaked out.

Look, personally I believe that what is shown on the videos is pretty obviously outrageous actions by the police, but I'm not CONVINCED that Floyd was deliberately killed.

Having said that and based on a couple of encounters with the police, one in North Carolina and one in Florida I wouldn't put anything past them. For example in NC one got very tense when I wouldn't call him "sir".
If I'm honest i too don't think he MEANT to kill him, but kill him he did and he needs to be punished. I don't think his life will be worth living in prison as someone will go all out get him. I think he's the most hated man in the wirld right now.

Due to his vile actions he's taken the life of a man and also ruined the lives of many others including the lives of his own wife and family, not to mention the lives of the victims extended family and friends.

Never have i seen such a horrible video, our hearts broke for that man when he was pleading for his life. I wish i never watched it, its playing on mine and many others lives.

I wish the looting would stop, the message has got across so needs to end now, the rioters and looters are coming across to me as hooligans and they would more respect if they protested peacefully. Instead innocent peoples businesses are being destroyed.

Incidents like this are the reason people lose respect for police and because of that nasty copper the decent coppers are tarred with the same brush.

God knows where this will end as its spilled over to our country now!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:44 PM

“Whenever the cops gun down an innocent black man… they always say the same thing.… “It’s not most cops. It’s just a few bad apples.” Bad apple? That almost sounds nice. I’ve had a bad apple. It was tart. But it didn’t choke me out. Here’s the thing. I know it’s hard being a cop. I know it’s hard. I know that shit’s dangerous. I know it is, ok? But some jobs can’t have bad apples. Some jobs, everybody gotta be good. Like… pilots. You know? American Airlines can’t be like, “Most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples… that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us.”

Chris Rock
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Floyd has / had an interesting crime sheet.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:59 PM

Can't recall where I read this but the police officer and the deceased worked together as security, did they know each other, could there have been animosity between them.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
If I'm honest i too don't think he MEANT to kill him, but kill him he did and he needs to be punished. I don't think his life will be worth living in prison as someone will go all out get him. I think he's the most hated man in the wirld right now.

Due to his vile actions he's taken the life of a man and also ruined the lives of many others including the lives of his own wife and family, not to mention the lives of the victims extended family and friends.

Never have i seen such a horrible video, our hearts broke for that man when he was pleading for his life. I wish i never watched it, its playing on mine and many others lives.

I wish the looting would stop, the message has got across so needs to end now, the rioters and looters are coming across to me as hooligans and they would more respect if they protested peacefully. Instead innocent peoples businesses are being destroyed.

Incidents like this are the reason people lose respect for police and because of that nasty copper the decent coppers are tarred with the same brush.

God knows where this will end as its spilled over to our country now!
America has the killer cop to hate!
We have Dominique Cummings LQ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
America has the killer cop to hate!
We have Dominique Cummings LQ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
difference is Donkey, Cummings didn't kill anyone.............or did he who knows. So perhaps there is no difference, hmmmm *strokes chin*
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:34 PM

Floyd has / had an interesting crime sheet.
How about this for a solution Todgy?
Make it a requirement that american cops must be black!
Solves the unemployment problem for blacks and keeps white
supremeists out of the cops??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:45 PM

Moreover I'm not a WUM,

Just curious - how many times have you been summoned to serve on a jury?
There's just a one line space between these two comments!

Fill in the missing link!

Page 10 of 79 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top