Join for free
Page 36 of 79 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The intelligent thing for the police to do is to not harm peaceful protesters. Allow them to protest to their hearts content. However, no one has ever said the police are intelligent.

In a surprise move , the Minneapolis City Counsel has announced that they will disband the entire Minneapolis Police Dept and replace it with a new and radically different program which will be called "Community Safety".

It is so new that I know very little about it. I do know that it will engage the community in how best to provide public safety. The general idea is to have Community Safety personal out on the street walking and talking with citizens and getting their input on how to actually provide safety instead of harassing people and writing minor traffic tickets.

Looking forward to hearing more about this novel approach.
A novel approach indeed!
Will the Community Safety personnel be armed, I wonder?
The criminals will be!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

... in Minneapolis, the council votes to disband the police force.]
Hip Hip Hurrah ! The city council had decide that the entire Minneapolis police force was toxic and could not be saved by piecemeal measures.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:18 PM

Surely in the interim period this will give a green light to looting and other crimes ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:19 PM

Extreme only if you support the murder of black people.
Well there is a certain quid pro quo to be considered.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:22 PM

Hip Hip Hurrah ! The city council had decide that the entire Minneapolis police force was toxic and could not be saved by piecemeal measures.
Good for them. Now watch what happens when you undermine law and order.

Are you still pretending BLM has nothin to do with anarchy by the way ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Then just build a big wall round the city, throw a few watermelons in from time to time, and leave the SOB's to get on with it.

Sorted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In the UK we have the acronym NFN which is often applied to people in the county North of us, Normal For Norfolk because the Norfolk folk have an undeserved reputation to being inclined to be windowlickers.

What you describe I would call NFA - Normal For Americans for very well DESERVED reasons.
A VERY derogatory term for the educationally sub normal.
This reminds me of a once common acronym: MSN
(mentally subnormal). Naturally, one would never describe anyone, especially children, in those terms these days.

ESN (educationally subnormal) was another, no doubt equally unacceptable today.
Incidentally, that morphed over time into 'Educational Special Needs' and then into the more widely embracing 'Special Needs'.
We're good at calling a spade a spade in this country - not!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Well, I can see I'm wasting my time.

Rather ironic when you consider that under most other circumstances the posters here are usually quite liberal. Now, however, when it comes to blacks being openly murdered by U.S. cops, you are suddenly ultra-conservative. One might say even white supremacists ?
bakerman
Mexico

08-06-2020, 12:35 PM

Then just build a big wall round the city, throw a few watermelons in from time to time, and leave the SOB's to get on with it.
If that is not an openly derogatory, racist remark, then there is no such thing as racism. Watermelons, indeed . For shame !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:42 PM

Well, I can see I'm wasting my time.

Rather ironic when you consider that under most other circumstances the posters here are usually quite liberal. Now, however, when it comes to blacks being openly murdered by U.S. cops, you are suddenly ultra-conservative. One might say even white supremacists ?
I haven't said anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if your post is aimed at me or not.

Anyway, while your here, you told me earlier that I supported the murder of black people because I said BLM is not about racism and equality, it's about the hard left rioting in the streets, damaging public property and burning peoples possessions. An anarchist and ideological movement, driven by organisations such as Antifa who have an agenda very different from peaceful anti-racism protests.

Just for the record, I agree that George Floyd was murdered by the police and I also support the narrative that racism was behind it. I do not, however, legitimise messages delivered through violent crime, vandalism and killing innocent people (like the retired, black policeman who was murdered defending his shop from looters). If you think these riots and so called "protests" are in the name of fighting the social injustice of racism, then going to war against white people, the police and businesses is hardly giving the right message is it.

Page 36 of 79 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top