Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Re: Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Can l just add it wasn’t Amanda Holden’s Birthday on that day. Her birthday is not until Tuesday 16th February.
Accepted BUT the media are saying the trip was birthday related hence why I stuck with the birthday issue. I will endeavour to mention that in any future post I make.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
What you and others have failed to understand is the specifics of the situation.
Nope.
You don't know "the specifics" any more than anybody else does, and you're relying upon what our media are telling you - and that's not exactly the best way to get to the truth.

Holden is doing the best thing by staying schtum because we've all seen how desperate the media are to deliberately misinterpret what people say with past examples too numerous to mention.

It's yet another desperate attempt to make a story where there really isn't one on an otherwise "slow" news day.

Accepted BUT the media are saying the trip was birthday related hence why I stuck with the birthday issue........
'Nuff said.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Nope.
You don't know "the specifics" any more than anybody else does, and you're relying upon what our media are telling you - and that's not exactly the best way to get to the truth.

Holden is doing the best thing by staying schtum because we've all seen how desperate the media are to deliberately misinterpret what people say with past examples too numerous to mention.

It's yet another desperate attempt to make a story where there really isn't one on an otherwise "slow" news day.

'Nuff said.
Well Holden isn't doing herself any favours by withholding the real reason for her driving. The media are asking and she is fobbing them off. Therefore what do you expect?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:55 PM

Well Holden isn't doing herself any favours by withholding the real reason for her driving. The media are asking and she is fobbing them off. Therefore what do you expect?
I expect the media-manufactured furore to subside and with it the interest of those equally determined to read more into this than there is.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:02 PM

For many, her biggest sin is that she is successful and wealthy. Some people resent that because they hate anyone who has lots of money.

I wonder, if Amanda Holden had lived on a run down sink estate and went to see her distressed parent would there have been such an uproar as this, by some?

I don’t think there would be. It’s her success and wealth that is the problem here and the hatred of it.
Dodge
Kent, UK

14-02-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I expect the media-manufactured furore to subside and with it the interest of those equally determined to read more into this than there is.
In my opinion people are not reading 'more into this'. The fact of the matter is ordinary people up and down the country are being fined for doing a hell of a lot less than what Holden did and when a celebrity get's caught doing a 200mile (i think they said it was 200 mile) car journey, nothing is done.

There have been recent news articles of people making long road journeys for spurious reasons and getting fined. I remember reading one where one driver went on a longer journey to get a kebab and was caught eating it in his car on the side of the road. Another was caught with 4 people in the car taking a trip to a McDonalds drive through. A number of people have been stopped and fined for driving to Wales so they can walk along mountain paths and her comes Holden, a media celebrity, does a 200 mile car journey to her parents and NOTHING!!!.

People are not reading 'too much into this'. They are seeing it for what it actually is. A celebrity breaking lockdown rules, avoids getting stopped, hopes to get away with it because she or her agent never say a word ONLY until someone reports it to the media.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:13 PM

I don't know who this woman is or the circumstances around her visit, so I don't have feelings about her one way or the other.

The clear violation here is that she had a driver.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:21 PM

Let me guess, this is going to be another 'Dominic Cummings' situation. In his defence he said he drove up to his parents because there was absolutely no one who lived near him who he could call on for help. I have no doubt Amanda Holden will do the same. She says her father was in distress thus she dashed up on the day that happened to be her birthday, to see him. Is she going to say that there was absolutely no one who lives near her parents that she could call on for help and thus she was the only one who could help?

Cummings said his trip was for childcare reasons because no one close to where they lived could have helped looked after the children. This turned out to be a lie because both he and his wife had relatives who lived nearby they could have called upon to help look after the children whilst they both self isolated from the virus (his wife was positive at the time).

Holden said she dashed to her parents because she said her father was in distress.

Both people were caught breaking lockdown rules and as such both have come up with excuses for breaking lockdown rules. Cummings was never prosecuted and I doubt Holden will too.
The similarities are striking - it was Cummings' wife's birthday on the day that he visited Barnard Castle for his eye test .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Can l just add it wasn’t Amanda Holden’s Birthday on that day. Her birthday is not until Tuesday 16th February.
I think you'll find that I mentioned that in the OP .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

14-02-2021, 05:32 PM

In my opinion ...........
Everybody is allowed an opinion.
Yours is no more valid than anybody else's but to remind you of the law under C19 rules, you can leave home ...
to provide care for disabled or vulnerable people
to provide emergency assistance

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top