Join for free
Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 02:36 AM

Re: Have you taken any acid suppression medicines?

Keeping the topic well balanced - Five Myths about Organic Foods - although the article refers to the American view of the topic the same principles undoubtedly apply in UK and any other countries that have good practices and laws to protect the public and their food consumption

/http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-organic-food/2014/06/20/43d23f14-f566-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

incidentally organic food is usually more expensive than N-OG - so the vast majority of working class people in UK will probably never go there UNLESS all the N-OG foods can be removed from all supermarkets etc and replaced by N-ORG. the jury is still out on this one!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->

I don't think the human body is nearly so easily read as doctors like to think sometimes.
No it isn't easily read and that is why it takes around 10 years to train as a GP (including medical school) and 14 years to train as a surgeon so that they are able to 'read' the human body.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No it isn't easily read and that is why it takes around 10 years to train as a GP (including medical school) and 14 years to train as a surgeon so that they are able to 'read' the human body.
But apparently that doesn't matter Pats.. All it takes is a computer and Google.. Makes me wonder why Docs even bother with all that education when everything you need to know is available with the click of a mouse. This whole thread is sounding sillier and siller to me. It borders an amusing... but slides into pathetic now and then.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
But apparently that doesn't matter Pats.. All it takes is a computer and Google.. Makes me wonder why Docs even bother with all that education when everything you need to know is available with the click of a mouse.
Not forgetting what can be read in a book and someone else's 'experience'
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:21 PM

I don't know why they bother either. All the consultants I have seen certainly didn't have much to show for it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:34 PM

We need Dr. Gregory House!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I don't know why they bother either. All the consultants I have seen certainly didn't have much to show for it.

I would laugh... except I get the feeling you are serious..
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I do not have any formal training in medicine (not that that counts for much in my book (?) these days) nor have I said that I do.
However, I have read hundreds of research papers and on many occasions (too many for my liking) have had to correct medical 'doctors' on the simplest of things...............
I wonder whether said doctors agreed that they had been "corrected".
Or whether they just groaned as the patient left thinking to themselves 'oh gawd, half-knowledge is such a dangerous thing'.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Of course we're all entitled to our opinions, I personally cannot share your faith in the medical profession and if anything is amusing in this thread it is your blind, obsessive desire to defend it. Seriously the world won't stop spinning on its axis if you were just a tiny weeny bit critical.

I think the fact that there are so many alternatives to the standard medical model indicates that there is huge dissatisfaction with it.

Whilst I wouldn't go to a herbalist with a broken leg I would not seek an industrial pharmaceutical remedy for acid reflux but obviously respect anybody's right to do just that.

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
But apparently that doesn't matter Pats.. All it takes is a computer and Google.. Makes me wonder why Docs even bother with all that education when everything you need to know is available with the click of a mouse. This whole thread is sounding sillier and siller to me. It borders an amusing... but slides into pathetic now and then.
Pats
Lincolnshire

23-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Of course we're all entitled to our opinions, I personally cannot share your faith in the medical profession and if anything is amusing in this thread it is your blind, obsessive desire to defend it. Seriously the world won't stop spinning on its axis if you were just a tiny weeny bit critical.
I can only speak for myself Baxter I am sure Audrey is quite capable of speaking for herself.....but I am far from being blind or obsessive and I have even been known to be critical.

Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top