Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 103 of 131 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
In, I'm going to vote IN.....

.....or maybe OUT....

.........or......
I alway knew you where a Teaser TessA!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
In, I'm going to vote IN.....

.....or maybe OUT....

.........or......
Just ask yourself, what's in it for yourself and family?
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:32 AM

we decided to vote whatever our Son votes, .

putting all the scare low down tactics aside from the Remain party, whatever changes are made either way we reckon they will not effect us in our lifetime.but they will my Sons.
we are voting out.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:42 AM

The Remainers are no more waging a scare campaign than are the Leavers, both sides are merely engaging in selective extrapolation - they might be right, they might be wrong. I look at it is general terms - evolution of our current position or a leap in the dark that most experts say will be damaging for the country's economy and, consequently, everything else we currently take for granted.
All the uncertainty is why the Leavers are fixating so much on immigration despite the fact a moments thought will show that leaving will make only limited difference to the numbers, lots of populist rabblerousing is more likely to garner votes than actually encouraging the electorate to address the real issues.
So I am definitely voting to stay.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
All the uncertainty is why the Leavers are fixating so much on immigration despite the fact a moments thought will show that leaving will make only limited difference to the numbers, lots of populist rabblerousing is more likely to garner votes than actually encouraging the electorate to address the real issues.
Devo if you have read through this thread you will see that many of us who are voting leave are not fixated on 'immigration,' it is about taking back control of our country from a money wasting mostly unelected bureaucracy which does not have our best interests in mind.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:21 AM

The Remainers are no more waging a scare campaign than are the Leavers, both sides are merely engaging in selective extrapolation - they might be right, they might be wrong. I look at it is general terms - evolution of our current position or a leap in the dark that most experts say will be damaging for the country's economy and, consequently, everything else we currently take for granted.
I think you might have it wrong there. Unaccountability is on my mind a great deal. When Merkel can open the flood gates to mass migration where is the democracy? The people who run the EU are not elected by the populace nor can they be removed by them. They are able to do as they please and they are doing exactly that. It is pure contempt for the masses before our very eyes. WE are not deemed informed enough or intelligent enough to take part in lofty discussions so they have effectively removed us from them. Who are these people? Sudo intellectuals and aggressive power hungry politicians, many of which have hidden agendas. It is one very rocky road to ruin.

When people as above gain power there is nothing they will not do to hoodwink us: lies - false promises - anything. They collude amongst themselves even now and treat us as stupid plebs only suitable to be manipulated like pawns on a chess board. When the time comes they will throw us all to the wolves - if they haven't already done so already that is.

They are right in a way as we are obviously complete arseholes if we vote to remain in.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->

we decided to vote whatever our Son votes, .

putting all the scare low down tactics aside from the Remain party, whatever changes are made either way we reckon they will not effect us in our lifetime.but they will my Sons.
we are voting out.
It should be borne in mind that this will be the last ever chance to vote to leave, because if we bottle it now and vote to stay then the all enveloping tentacles of the blood sucking leech that is the EU will close off every conceivable escape route and dump on us so much political excrement that the will of the populace will be suffocated and extinguished. The whole population of the European continent will then be under the complete control of an unelected, unaccountable dictatorship driven by an arrogant political elite worse in many ways than China or Russia at it's most extreme.

That is what you will be voting for, nothing more, nothing less. Is that really what you wish to bequeath to your boys?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by meg ->
it is about taking back control of our country from a money wasting mostly unelected bureaucracy which does not have our best interests in mind.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think you might have it wrong there. Unaccountability is on my mind a great deal. When Merkel can open the flood gates to mass migration where is the democracy?
Where is the democracy in Cameron doing what he is doing/has done with a mandate claimed from 24% of the electorate? So hapless is the man this whole referendum debate was never intended to happen, so convinced was he that would lose the election. He promised it merely as a sop to the core vote to keep them onside and so minimise losses.

The people who run the EU are not elected by the populace nor can they be removed by them. They are able to do as they please and they are doing exactly that. It is pure contempt for the masses before our very eyes. WE are not deemed informed enough or intelligent enough to take part in lofty discussions so they have effectively removed us from them. Who are these people? Sudo intellectuals and aggressive power hungry politicians, many of which have hidden agendas. It is one very rocky road to ruin.
I don't think your picture of EU governance is completely accurate, each constituent government has to ratify anything that comes for the EU. As for us being treated as idiots, given the anti-intellectual nature of the referendum campaigns all dog whistle politics and unsupported sloganeering with lies being bandied about in all directions -
could we tolerate being treated as intelligent beings?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:44 AM

Where is the democracy in Cameron doing what he is doing/has done with a mandate claimed from 24% of the electorate? So hapless is the man this whole referendum debate was never intended to happen, so convinced was he that would lose the election. He promised it merely as a sop to the core vote to keep them onside and so minimise losses.

I don't think your picture of EU governance is completely accurate, each constituent government has to ratify anything that comes for the EU. As for us being treated as idiots, given the anti-intellectual nature of the referendum campaigns all dog whistle politics and unsupported sloganeering with lies being bandied about in all directions -
could we tolerate being treated as intelligent beings?
But that is the whole point isn't it? Cameron, and his party, can be voted out. How do you vote out members of the EU? Who does what in the EU? There are close to 50,000 civil servants - 5 Presidents apparently. No-one seems to know who is doing what.

Page 103 of 131 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top