Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 08:04 PM

Re: Heartless Government

Steve sad :-----On the World Stage we need a PM with PRESENCE and Ed Milliband just ain't there is he?!

And I agree, but once they are in they would ditch him, no doubt, mind you his ideas are good.
Farage is in my opinion a bigot, and no way would I ever vote for his party, but I respect others views, but to vote for a hypocrite not I.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 09:58 PM

But seriously don't you believe that who ever gets in isn't upto the job of saving this country.
If Labour win I firmly believe they will spend the next 4yrs making excuses saying things like Conservatives did this now we have to do that and the common man will struggle once again with major tax hipes and immigration will go sky high once again putting more pressure on the jobless.
The only real way to save this country and get it back on its feet is a complete new Government and that's not load of disgruntled MP's moving across and forming a new party.
Its obviously something that will never happen in this country and to be honest I think I will be voting Blue for the first time in my life in 2015 because I really believe Labour are in a worse state of affairs than Conservative.
Is this because Labour haven't got a real leader,? all I know is I am not happy with what the Reds are doing at present.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Wrinkly, you seem determined to re-define the meaning of "Rich". In fact you seem to be suggesting that anyone with a few pounds to save is "Rich". Of course there are those who cannot take advantage of these bonds, BUT - there are lots of us who have worked hard, looked after our families and managed to save a few pounds. We are , I suggest, the majority, and we are the ones who are being 'screwed' by this government.

These bonds are little more than a token gesture and are hardly going to be of interest to those who are genuinely rich. It's high time that we were rewarded for our prudence - not punished for it.
Excellent post GW - completely agree with you.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Sorry Julie, but I've always believed that while the (vulnerable seems to be the word these days) should be protected and supported, success and prudence should be rewarded.
I don't consider myself 'lucky', I simply hope that I've made good choices in what was sometimes a bad situation.
'Rich pensioners' - I haven't met many!
Yet another spot on post GW. I've done the very best I can........missed some opportunities because of the need to earn. ALWAYS worked as well as bringing up children.......targeted my career so that I could work as well as having children. Saved. Spent prudently............reward???? No flipping pension!!!! I'm SO THOROUGHLY fed up of what this country has done to me.....and now? I'm being called "rich"????? Just because I don't qualify for benefits??? What??? Get a life!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Yet another spot on post GW. I've done the very best I can........missed some opportunities because of the need to earn. ALWAYS worked as well as bringing up children.......targeted my career so that I could work as well as having children. Saved. Spent prudently............reward???? No flipping pension!!!! I'm SO THOROUGHLY fed up of what this country has done to me.....and now? I'm being called "rich"????? Just because I don't qualify for benefits??? What??? Get a life!
And I'll say it again try being anything but prudent on a low wage. No way to save if you don't earn enough despite working hard manual jobs for your entire life.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And I'll say it again try being anything but prudent on a low wage. No way to save if you don't earn enough despite working hard manual jobs for your entire life.
Yes Julie. It can be impossible to save money.

What is a "bond"?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 11:52 AM

I blame my parents. Actually I blame them for most things, but in this case it was an upbringing based on the Protestant work ethic, the kirk and the virtue of saving. I came from a working class background (father was a glazier & plasterer), but from my earliest days, had my Savings Bank (now TSB) account and we dutifully took our 6d. or maybe a shilling to school where the head entered it into our books. We learned about the concept of banking and interest.

I'm afraid that the notion of improvement through a good education and accumulating 'wealth' or at least a buffer for 'a rainy day' is burned into my DNA . Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 12:03 PM

I must admit I live by the fact there's no pockets in a shroud. Health is more important to me than money is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 12:57 PM

What I never quite understand is why when people have savings they don't see that as the reward for their life's work and think how lucky they have been to be able to save. I think I would be over joyed but will never know as it's just never been possible just having enough to pay the rent has been a problem sometimes.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-12-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What I never quite understand is why when people have savings they don't see that as the reward for their life's work and think how lucky they have been to be able to save. I think I would be over joyed but will never know as it's just never been possible just having enough to pay the rent has been a problem sometimes.
I totally agree with you Julie. Better to stop whinging about any comeback and enjoy your cash .

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top