Join for free
Page 11 of 83 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:16 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Who has said that ?
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:22 PM

No problem with another referendum. Presumably you will also be happy if we can have one about all the other things 'imposed' on us without our say so - like selling off the post office, privatising....sorry....reorganising the NHS, and the Bedroom Tax? If not, what's the difference?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
No problem with another referendum. Presumably you will also be happy if we can have one about all the other things 'imposed' on us without our say so - like selling off the post office, privatising....sorry....reorganising the NHS, and the Bedroom Tax? If not, what's the difference?
You seem to be confusing what our government does and what EU does. And I still ask who are you accusing of saying the things in your previous post ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
The EU is nothing more than a giant club set up by politicians for the sole benefit of politicians. Some will argue that we have voted for these politicians and yes that is true, but were we given the choice on the basic premise as to whether a whole new tier of government was required to give non-jobs to these politicians then no, I think not.

I contend that we, as a nation, managed quite well to trade with the world for hundreds of years before this club was set up, and the only reason behind all the scaremongering regarding not being able to trade freely again is because the career politicians, all of whom are on huge salaries, benefits and expenses don't want their cosy little club broken up. God forbid their gravy train should end just for the good of the people...

Barry, Barry, Barry, - just who was the sil;ly cow who went and signed the 'Single European Act Treaty, which henceforth allowed the EU to draw up Regulations, which were automatically incoroporated into domestic legislation??? Prior to the signing of that Treaty all EU regulations needed to be debated and voted on by our own domestic parliament.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Barry, Barry, Barry, - just who was the sil;ly cow who went and signed the 'Single European Act Treaty, which henceforth allowed the EU to draw up Regulations, which were automatically incoroporated into domestic legislation??? Prior to the signing of that Treaty all EU regulations needed to be debated and voted on by our own domestic parliament.
None of them have done the decent thing IMO, so yes Mrs T was as bad as the rest but I would add no worse than them either.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Its a reply to Sue Arnold.

no, I'm not confusing the EU and our govt; I'm pointing out that a govt that can in no way be claimed to be representative of the population of this country (ie. who voted for a coalition?) has seen fit to introduce policies which never appeared in the manifestos of either of the coalition partners, but which have definitely and tangibly reduced my quality of life, and that of the people and communities who I live amongst.

So, I feel at least as 'angry' as you do about the EU.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Ah! We have got to the crux of the argument at last. British thieving scumbags are better than foreign thieving scumbags. As long as its Maria Miller who has her hand in your wallet, you can live with it, but woe betide Maria von Muller or Maria Mullerini. British thieving scumbags are the best.

You win - cant argue with that.
I am asking again who are you accusing ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 03:27 PM

Ah! We have got to the crux of the argument at last. British thieving scumbags are better than foreign thieving scumbags. As long as its Maria Miller who has her hand in your wallet, you can live with it, but woe betide Maria von Muller or Maria Mullerini. British thieving scumbags are the best.

You win - cant argue with that.
At least we can get rid of a Government - with your idea we have to bear 2 Governments cheating us ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 03:41 PM

Er.....no. Just when everyone on here seems to blame the EU for anything and everything, its worth remembering that its our own government has made the really bad decisions - all on its own.
Please excuse my abbreviation of the post but it's that simple statement that I concur with.

I've used it before so I'm sorry but it's worth mentioning again -

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.

That's Plato, on politics / politicians.

He died around 347BC.

What is it that he knew then that we don't know now? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 03:57 PM

Just been watching some Farage interviews - not disappointed.
Was a little concerned how he was doing in other countries - he's doing just fine !

Page 11 of 83 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top