Join for free
Page 11 of 38 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

I'm always interested to know why politicians think more bombs and bullets actually helps the population of a warring country, and the stark fact is that you cannot blow anything up anywhere without incurring yet more civilian casualties....

I've no idea how to resolve this but I cannot see how more death and mayhem inflicted from afar can be of any help whatsoever ..
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'm always interested to know why politicians think more bombs and bullets actually helps the population of a warring country, and the stark fact is that you cannot blow anything up anywhere without incurring yet more civilian casualties....

I've no idea how to resolve this but I cannot see how more death and mayhem inflicted from afar can be of any help whatsoever ..
From what I understand it is intended to be a surgical precision strike using the cruise missle. These things are so accurate that not only can you target a single building... you can pick which window you want the thing to hit. I suppose that it's being decided now what targets are to be picked. Now we have to see how good syrias anti-missile defense is.. I'm not gung-ho mind you.. but if it has to be done then do it for crying out loud and get it over with.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
From what I understand it is intended to be a surgical precision strike using the cruise missle. These things are so accurate that not only can you target a single building... you can pick which window you want the thing to hit. I suppose that it's being decided now what targets are to be picked. Now we have to see how good syrias anti-missile defense is.. I'm not gung-ho mind you.. but if it has to be done then do it for crying out loud and get it over with.
It doesn't HAVE to be done, why can the west not keep out of other countries affairs, once the bombing starts all hell will break loose.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 07:35 PM

I don't care how surgically precise the missile strike, when it explodes the blast spreads 360deg. and it kills anyone in the vicinity, and you can bet your life it will always be the wrong people that it kills. Can you ever remember one of these things hitting the top men? No, me neither...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

27-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It doesn't HAVE to be done, why can the west not keep out of other countries affairs, once the bombing starts all hell will break loose.
Well said Jimmy, it is interesting to note that our leaders have never taken on Russia or China, who have murdered more of their own people over the years than most.

However much we abhor the misery inflicted in these Middle Eastern states it's really time the Arab nations came together and sorted their own mess out, the West shouldn't have to police the world, and no-one ever thanks us for trying..
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 07:46 PM

The missiles will be precise enough to open a bloody big can of worms, the muck will definitely hit the fan with Russia, China,and Iran all backing Syria.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 07:56 PM

West shouldn't have to police the world, and no-one ever thanks us for trying..
Nope.... It would be far better if Russia and China did..

If The West does not act like the world police, well, nature abhors a vacuum, do you want Russia filling that role? Are you comfortable with China pursuing it's interests unchecked? That is the alternative to the US using it's power
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Why would Syria use such weapons in the first place - because they simply have them? Is there a hidden agenda behind it all? They obviously knew the UN are obliged to step in. I get a feeling there is some insidious strategic plan behind it all and we won't know what that is until all hell breaks out or indeed after. Something definitely doesn't sit well with me about the whole nerve wracking stinking affair.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Interesting situation - I too feel very uneasy about this situation.

I was sent this today - I haven't read it thoroughly but understand it gives a different perspective. The pictures are grim but no worse than we've already been subjected to on TV. Thank goodness for the Australian press.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/world...-1226705155146
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:25 PM

This is a civil war that is being dabbled in, any missile strike will damage the remaining infrastructure of a populace that seem to be in turmoil already, as well as taking more civilian life, one geezer on Radio 2 today suggested targeting the Syrians central bank to wipe out their gold stocks and bankrupt them, well, that's very helpful to the Syrian population, I think Not.

Page 11 of 38 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top