Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Re: Have you taken any acid suppression medicines?

This thread has gone off-topic, so I've posted another here: http://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Please continue all non-PPI/acid-surrpression medicine chat there, thanks.
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

24-06-2014, 05:18 PM

I take Ranitidine..have been for over 12 yrs, now. Started out on Prevacid, dr decided it to be too strong, so she switched me to Rantidine.

Before taking the meds, I would wake up at night gagging through the coughs from the acid. I constantly kept a hoarse voice, which scared me into seeking the dr for the symptons....

After starting these meds, I no longer have the hoarse voice, but, I occassionaly, get the coughs which are aggravated by the things that I consume....
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:24 PM

I have been on them approx. one year problems with acid build up. I find they work for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by kierra ->
I take Ranitidine..have been for over 12 yrs, now. Started out on Prevacid, dr decided it to be too strong, so she switched me to Rantidine.

Before taking the meds, I would wake up at night gagging through the coughs from the acid. I constantly kept a hoarse voice, which scared me into seeking the dr for the symptons....

After starting these meds, I no longer have the hoarse voice, but, I occassionaly, get the coughs which are aggravated by the things that I consume....
Hello Kierra - that's great gal
Don't eat nuts - all them little gritty bits will aggravate ....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 07:01 PM

My hubby takes Losec for acid reflux with no problems at all.

(Losec is not suitable for everyone and some people should never use it)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 08:13 PM

I take lansoprazol every day. It's definitely made me feel better.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:35 PM

I asked my doc to please help me get off Omeprazole and explained the trouble I get when I've tried leaving them off, so she put me on Esomeprazole!!! Can't get it through to anybody! The common side effects are guess what, DIARROEAH!!! If this doesn't work only then will she consider asking for an endoscopy!!! Fed up now!!!
JoAnn
ohio united states
JoAnn is female  JoAnn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 04:27 AM

I have been taking prilosec for well over 10 years as it was discovered I had a hyatel hernia...if I spelled that correctly. I was suffering heartburn from something as simple as a glass of water! I had an endoscopy and dr. Prescribed nexium which insurance did not cover so next best was the prilosec. Both prilosec and nexium are over the counter medicines here in the USA now but before starting any medicine always get an exam from your dr. As something serious could be going on. It has helped me very much but its true when you stop taking it the stomach acid can double to make up for it not being there due to the proton pump inhibitors in the meds. But in my case as cancer of the esophagus runs in my family and my mom and uncle passed away from it..the dr.told me the benefits outweigh the risk . I also have lost a few pounds and that helps too.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 08:47 PM

Just reporting back to say I have now been off Acid Suppression medicines for two weeks - I weaned off them, over the course of about a month. The interesting thing is, once I got to half a tablet, and kept reducing, I actually felt better when I actually completely stopped - which supports the theory that taking them actually makes your body feel like it has to produce more.

Here is the link to the article which I used to get off them:

http://www.endfatigue.com/tools-supp...Naturally.html

Mainly liquorice and D-limonene
JoAnn
ohio united states
JoAnn is female  JoAnn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks so much for sharing that link as I believe that is very true about the foods we consume these days. Makes alot of sense for sure!

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top