Join for free
Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Re: Farage Says It Like It Is

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Anyone can say what you like about Farage Rhianl, but please remember this.
Without him we would not have had the referendum and a taste of proper democracy.
Thank you Nigel for giving our country its Independence Day.
Your a star.
I think it was Cameron that called for a referendum BC
Farage isn't even an MP remember
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I think it was Cameron that called for a referendum BC
Farage isn't even an MP remember
Cameron was forced to make that promise in tbe election Rhian by Ukip.
He may not be an MP but he has had more influence than any of them.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Cameron was forced to make that promise in tbe election Rhian by Ukip.
He may not be an MP but he has had more influence than any of them.
Is a matter of opinion..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 02:21 AM

And while I'm on a roll...
Or is that a rant. . ?

If I hear the phrase "Independence Day" again I swear I'll scream...
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:26 AM

Whatever you think of Niger Farage, his outburst in the EU parliament certainly won't help the UK negotiate favorable terms for our exit. If you have delicate negotiations to carry out the first rule must be don't insult or offend your opposition by gloating, no matter how much you may want to.

This is exactly why I said in another thread he would be a liability if he was given a part in negotiations. It is even more obvious that if UKIP ever gained enough votes to become the governing party he should never be made PM, perish the thought.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Whatever you think of Niger Farage, his outburst in the EU parliament certainly won't help the UK negotiate favorable terms for our exit. If you have delicate negotiations to carry out the first rule must be don't insult or offend your opposition by gloating, no matter how much you may want to.

This is exactly why I said in another thread he would be a liability if he was given a part in negotiations. It is even more obvious that if UKIP ever gained enough votes to become the governing party he should never be made PM, perish the thought.
Hi

Very well put across.

We need to leave on the best possible terms, minimising the economic cost and having the best possible start.

Unfortunately Boris has called them Nazis, this is not helpful at all.

I understand people saying that the EU has more to lose than us.

Unfortunately the International Money Markets do not agree, our credit rating has been cut, this will cost us because we owe so much and still need to borrow vast amounts every year.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 06:20 AM

As much as we would like them to be, Parliaments are not polite places unfortunately, I mean have you ever watched Prime Minister's Questions lately? The EU talking shop is no different, and as another poster has said Farage was booed when he stood up to speak, so it was just pots and kettles really.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:57 AM

And while I'm on a roll...
Or is that a rant. . ?

If I hear the phrase "Independence Day" again I swear I'll scream...
Agree Rhian but I did like the film
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 09:55 AM

I've decided to quote myself... in the hope that someone may agree. ..
I'll say one thing Rhian, 'You've got some balls!'

Your entrance on this topic has got the same response as you would if you walked naked into the 'Barnsley Miners Welfare' on a Saturday night with a picture of Margaret Thatcher tattooed on your buttocks shouting 'Bring Back Maggie!'

What's up, were you at a loose end on a Tuesday night and thought 'I know what I'll do'......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:24 AM

I'll go through these questions one at a time..
In order to not confuse myself...

EU money pays the MEPs' salaries
In sterling that's nearly £80,000 annually
Not including expenses....
In Farage terms that's £1,300,000 at the very least, he has boasted about earning for doing nothing (his words)
His expenses probably amount to more
Originally Posted by JBR ->
But you said, "he''s squandered OUR EU money". Now you're saying he's squandered his own salary. Surely, if it's his own salary he can squander it on anything he likes. Other MEPs (and undoubtedly MPs and members of the Lords, for that matter) spend their ill-gotten gains on what they want: big cars, country mansions, duck ponds, etc.

On one point, I disagree with Nigel. He HAS done something for his money: he has held others in the EU to account and he has pushed for change, without success of course because the EU parliament can do nothing other than talk and argue about things. As I've already mentioned, they do not and cannot pass EU laws. EU laws are passed by faceless unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats hidden away somewhere in one of the EU's very extensive office buildings in Brussels and Strasbourg.
And then you said that I'm not reading your post properly, which I asked you to explain.

I'm sorry, Rhian, but you haven't explained that to me. I'd be really grateful if you could explain which part of your post I haven't read properly.

Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top