Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:45 PM

Re: Overpopulation?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
OK Vic. Whatever. You might have a point, though I doubt it. Carry on making a name for yourself with your aggressive manner, though what that name will eventually be might not be to your taste.

Block list for you me thinks ...
ooerr ooeerr touchy touchy - have a few vodkas and calm yaself down!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes

But only in certain areas

sorry ... can't take this thread seriously any more
Ok go and sit with mark in the naughty corner
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-06-2015, 10:55 PM

I think there are some simple but deadly priniciples not being stated here:

1. People are beneath the surface greedy and don't like sharing

2. We bluntly refuse to allow our own lifestyles to be affected

3. There is a suggested plot to keep the poor countries poor whilst pretending to help them but really stealing their resources [ I'll dig out the reference when I have more time]

4. The vast majority of us are not prepared to walk the extra mile

5. contributors to this thread are probably all comfortably clothed and fed so can sit and comment from their cosy armchairs without starving

6. Poor people don't want to stay in their own countries - witness the continued swell of immigrants moving both in Europe and Asia - they want what we've got and they want to come and share it with us in our countries.

OK this is not the original article I have a hard copy of somewhere but it's close enough and in fact just type in "global bank and IMF robbing Africa" and you'll get plenty there is another good book on the market written by an African doctor [Phd] who outlines why giving monetary aid to Africa doesn't work and actually makes it worse

http://www.tesfanews.net/how-the-wor...estroy-africa/
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Ok go and sit with mark in the naughty corner
lol

3. There is a suggested plot to keep the poor countries poor whilst pretending to help them but really stealing their resources [ I'll dig out the reference when I have more time]

5. contributors to this thread are probably all comfortably clothed and fed so can sit and comment from their cosy armchairs without starving
I am now OK as regards clothing and my house and food.
I believe I help other people as much as I can and will always go that extra mile, when the person or cause seems viable.
Hopefully, I am not seen as greedy.

As for the rest, I shall think on it
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-06-2015, 12:44 AM

OK this is not the original article I have a hard copy of somewhere but it's close enough and in fact just type in "global bank and IMF robbing Africa" and you'll get plenty there is another good book on the market written by an African doctor [Phd] who outlines why giving monetary aid to Africa doesn't work and actually makes it worse

http://www.tesfanews.net/how-the-wor...estroy-africa/
Ok here's the Zambian doctor and her viewshttp://vorige.nrc.nl/international/a...st_not_working
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 07:40 AM

Well if we are talking about base instincts then I will fight for my 'stuff' and repel boarders. Sod the rest of the world as long as I can get a full belly and keep warm. So there you go, the reason there is so much 'wrong' done: we are just ruthless savages underneath it all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 09:14 AM

Ok here's the Zambian doctor and her viewshttp://vorige.nrc.nl/international/a...st_not_working
That was really interesting, so if we phase it out and I am for that as it has never worked IMO then what happens ? the rich get poorer ? or the poor die ? she isn't clear in her article which is most likely to happen.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-06-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That was really interesting, so if we phase it out and I am for that as it has never worked IMO then what happens ? the rich get poorer ? or the poor die ? she isn't clear in her article which is most likely to happen.
I think you need to read her book?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 11:10 AM

I think you need to read her book?
No not buying a book if it can't be explained clearly in the thread I don't mind reading a linked article but I have no intention of spending money to find out what anyone is trying to discuss.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 07:30 PM

It's not a new view and written in 2009 it is already somewhat out of date given the huge Chinese presence and volume of Chinese businesses now functioning in some African countries and the subsequent impact on the people, their infrastructure and their environment.

In the end it will be like every other place. Those that have an abundance of natural resources wanted by the world will have the opportunity to get richer if their governments act in an honest way. Those that don't have the resources will struggle along at the bottom of the heap.

There are now many schemes that offer chances to small businesses in Africa to develop on the back of people in developed countries being prepared to offer loans without interest. It has also been found in small communities that women can grow business and finance while the men seem to lack the same acumen. These offer better opportunities for self help and eventual self sufficiency than the aid that never reaches the people it is designed to help.

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top