Join for free
Page 12 of 38 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 08:33 AM

Re: Breast feeding in public

They made them that big so mothers can get him them to breast feed the baby discreetly.
I am gobsmacked at the ladies of this forum [some of them] who find it wrong for a woman to breast feed in public.
As for lechers I happen to think it is the most natural and beautiful thing to see, mother and baby breast feeding.
So come on gals flash the flesh for the baby, and don't matter what anybody says.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I popped around to see an old friend the other day - there he was sitting in the shade of his front verandah dressed in shorts only no top. He's 80 now and so has small pendulous breasts. Neighbours come and go chat for a while and then depart.

went to the beach the other day with another mate and we sat for a while just in our shorts - chests with breasts exposed.

Now what's all this discreetness nonsense?
Being discrete isn't nonsense many of us are discrete I can't imagine my husband not wear a simple T shirt in those circumstances he is as discrete as I am. Why do people think we all want to see them ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
They made them that big so mothers can get him them to breast feed the baby discreetly.
I am gobsmacked at the ladies of this forum [some of them] who find it wrong for a woman to breast feed in public.
As for lechers I happen to think it is the most natural and beautiful thing to see, mother and baby breast feeding.
So come on gals flash the flesh for the baby, and don't matter what anybody says.
I think you are missing the point no one has said mothers shouldn't breast feed in public we are just calling for it to be done with discretion.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Nobody's saying it's wrong, if only it was the case that it was seen as the most natural thing and that was it.

There are still small numbers living in tribal situations where it goes unnoticed as it is as natural as having a drink of water.

Unfortunately there are some in our own culture who see women's breasts and even breastfeeding in a completely different way where breasts have been sexualised and so baring them can lead to unwanted leering by those who are happy to see it for all the wrong reasons.

I'm with you that it's a perfectly natural thing which should be fine, but that's not the world we live in sadly.
It's for a mumS own interests to keep a degree of privacy while at the same time letting her baby have its feed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think you are missing the point no one has said mothers shouldn't breast feed in public
Really I must have misunderstood the post I have quoted in full a number of times in this thread which says..

''It is all so unnecessary. All it needs is for milk to be expressed and carried in a bottle''.

..and all those who agreed with the post .
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:23 AM

A spokesperson for the media watchdog said: "Ofcom has received 90 complaints about the presenters' clothing on Britain's Got Talent.

Like breast feeding , shame the sad old gits have nothing better to do with their time, worse that anybody takes any notice of them. Then millions watched and never complained, waste of life stage two.

Now posters write breast feeding has men leering as breasts have a sex element when feeding a baby? What goes on in peoples heads is the big problem I fear, not part visible breasts . Then legs are sexy, hair and faces as is much else, perhaps women should all wear the Burka . Oh no, now dark brown eyes peering out of a Burka are really dead sexy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Unfortunately there are some in our own culture who see women's breasts and even breastfeeding in a completely different way where breasts have been sexualised and so baring them can lead to unwanted leering by those who are happy to see it for all the wrong reasons.

I'm with you that it's a perfectly natural thing which should be fine, but that's not the world we live in sadly.
It's for a mumS own interests to keep a degree of privacy while at the same time letting her baby have its feed.
That is their problem Anita and not the problem of the feeding mother and I am sure such men can find plenty to leer at other than feeding mothers who should not let this put them off feeding their baby.

What about the men with a fetish for high heels, should women stop wearing them in case a fetishist is leering at them
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:27 AM

Breastfeeding in public. One of the worst problems facing us these days. Just imagine a young child being confronted with a bare tit in a restaurant. Well, partially bare, because the baby is covering the nipple. What is this world coming to? For crying out loud, let's put a burqa on every tit.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really I must have misunderstood the post I have quoted in full a number of times in this thread which says..

''It is all so unnecessary. All it needs is for milk to be expressed and carried in a bottle''.

..and all those who agreed with the post .
And what a pathetic, sad, narrow minded world we would live in if women had to do just that to please a small minority who should get treatment.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That is their problem Anita and not the problem of the feeding mother and I am sure such men can find plenty to leer at other than feeding mothers who should not let this put them off feeding their baby.

What about the men with a fetish for high heels, should women stop wearing them in case a fetishist is leering at them

It may be their problem but do we really want someone getting a sexual thrill from watching our grandchildren being breast fed
That's not a healthy situation for anyone and no I wouldn't like to see grandchildren dressing in a way which might leave them vulnerable to sexual predators either.
If we live in a society where there is danger we protect ourselves as best we can. There have been so many cases of abuse of children and rape of young girls etc.
You simply do what you can.

Page 12 of 38 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top