Join for free
Page 134 of 274 « First < 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by solo ->
To be fair Mr Plant has done some great solo/duet songs where he is not prancing around. i.e Gone Gone Gone.

In the Mood with Phil Collins on drums

Cant stand The Plant / Krause album Solo or most of the eighties stuff.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cant stand The Plant / Krause album Solo or most of the eighties stuff.
Just being fair Nom but have to admit that I could never watch him nor a few others of that ilk.

I do think the 80's was a hard time for music....so hard that even the Pet Shop Boys were seen as innovative and fresh.,,and yes I did like them and their sound
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Just being fair Nom but have to admit that I could never watch him nor a few others of that ilk.

I do think the 80's was a hard time for music....so hard that even the Pet Shop Boys were seen as innovative and fresh. Yes I did like them
Dont care what they look like its what they sound like for me, he is a bit older than nme but i can dance like him (dad style ) but my voice would sink a thousand ships.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dont care what they look like its what they sound like for me, he is a bit older than nme but i can dance like him (dad style ) but my voice would sink a thousand ships.
Fair points Nom but not always to do with looks. Stage presence did have a lot to do with these acts and how they presented themselves, and some did not present themselves very well or in Plants case too well.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Thanks Nom, Solo. Interesting thoughts there on Zepp and the Floyd

Carrying on with some more records in a moment when I set things up...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Here's.... God!

No.383: "Journeyman" by Eric Clapton (1989)

A stirling E.C. album if ever there was one. Some of Clapton's later releases were and are continuing to see some superb music on them. Journeyman featured no less than fifty different musicians playing on the album, the cream of the crop. That's what happens when you are "God" and can afford it I guess.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-03-2018, 07:28 PM

Just talking about the mighty Zepp were you not, lads...

No.382: "Coda" by Led Zeppelin (1980)

Yep okay so it's not an official album but I include Coda because it's a record which is comprised of new material released from the vaults and not an official compilation of tracks already heard. Fans enjoyed this record as a fitting end to this great band's recording history and the eight songs featured on the album highlight a decent enough cross section of their work.
Plainly there were no official studio excerpts from this release on video, but I have found versions of a couple of tracks on the album recorded live.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-03-2018, 07:42 PM

No.381: "Join Hands" by Siouxsie & The Banshees (1979)

The second album from the Bromley contingent known as Siouxsie & The Banshees. It's a typically macabre document of this band's penchant for all things horror and thriller-like and sealed their place as fore runners of the post-punk (or even punk itself) scene. Famously, lead guitarist John McKay and drummer Kenny Morris mysteriously vanished without trace on the eve of their tour to promote this album, leaving Siouxsie to recruit a one Robert Smith of The Cure at the very last minute.
The three tracks I'm showing here are firstly the rather disturbing single 'Playground Twist' with it's amazing swirling guitar sound from that 'disappeared' guitarist, the non-album classic single 'The Staircase (Mystery)' and a shortened excerpt of the band's first ever song, a version of 'The Lord's Prayer' (14+ minutes in album studio form), which they originally performed live in 1976 with Sid Vicious on drums (!).

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-03-2018, 07:51 PM

No.380: "(The Gospel According To) The.Men.In.Black" by The Stranglers (1981)

The first of two albums released in 1981 from this durable, brilliant band, the other was La Folie, mentioned earlier in my list. Weird, wacky, strangely demonic in places, the album explored a light-hearted view of religion all done with the Strangler's knack for dark humour and excellent professional playing ability. The second track here became a song used vastly on all sorts of adverts and themes and has been used as the band's walk on song at all of their concerts since - the wonderfully insane 'Waltzinblack'.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-03-2018, 07:59 PM

Last one tonight, and it's a killer of an album. I would be very surprised if you have heard of this amazing ultra-rare record:

No.379: "Orgasm" by Head Machine (1969)

I know absolutely nothing about this band at all, coming across this record as part of the 'Electric Soup' series of 24-album DVDs I purchased from a local car boot sale enthusiast about 12 years ago, who compiled them himself.
An utterly incredible concept album about what the title mentions - Orgasm - and that is more or less the sole context of this album. Nothing rude or disgusting about the record, just a series of tracks which explore the sensual side of sex. The performance from from the lead vocalist put his all into his singing and is someone you can see is truly excited by his subject matter.
Guys, if you have any info about this band, please let me know
Here's the album in it's entirety:

Page 134 of 274 « First < 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top