Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Re: Why did you have children?

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I get my info by watching docus on other cultures, China - a six part series, was fabulous, give it a go if its repeated. The government there wanted poor peoples land to build on and to move the people into high rise flats. Generations fought against the plans but failed. A scene I will always remember, was a row of cycles passing the screen, old boys pushing along with something attached to the front of the bike - covered. When they reached the park area, they unveiled - bird cages.... then, they hung these cages on branches of the trees, they did this each day. The joy on these elder faces will stay with me as they looked up at the birds chirping away merrily....
I will watch that Pats if I see it on tv. I lived in Spain for a while and they really understand what family values are and part of me felt a little envious of that. I've holidayed in Italy a few times and saw much the same behaviour patterns within families. Something that many British people seem to have foresaken.
WinterRose
Ohio / Indiana
WinterRose is female  WinterRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:06 PM

Yes I am happy to say that I am the PROUD MOM to 3 wonderful adult children !!

1 - 31 YR old male married for almost 5 years
1 - 28 YR old male single with a pet cat named pig
1 - 24 YR old daughter engaged 2 a wonderful man

I would have had 3 more children but they ended up in a miscarriage so I do wonder to this day what all of they might be ? So, I guess I will have to wait and find out when I go to HEAVEN !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I will watch that Pats if I see it on tv. I lived in Spain for a while and they really understand what family values are and part of me felt a little envious of that. I've holidayed in Italy a few times and saw much the same behaviour patterns within families. Something that many British people seem to have foresaken.
Thats right Bags.... I envied that way of life - should see me watching 'The Waltons' or 'Little House on the Prairie'..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by WinterRose ->
Yes I am happy to say that I am the PROUD MOM to 3 wonderful adult children !!

1 - 31 YR old male married for almost 5 years
1 - 28 YR old male single with a pet cat named pig
1 - 24 YR old daughter engaged 2 a wonderful man

I would have had 3 more children but they ended up in a miscarriage so I do wonder to this day what all of they might be ? So, I guess I will have to wait and find out when I go to HEAVEN !!
Aww I know how you feel I am hoping to meet mine in heaven too, twin boys and two girls.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 11:25 PM

love children worked with them most of my life as a nanny and have 2 daughters 3 grandchildren its the best feeling when they call me nanny ;0
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Is anyone watching "Child of our Time" - Prof. Robert Winston. It was on last night and I think another part is being shown tonight. It progresses various families from the birth of their child onwards. I watched it when the children featured were first born and now the children are 13 and on the threshold of being adult. The families are from differing backgrounds and have had differing experiences and fortunes over the years. The parents and childrens views are so various but all are fascinating. Well worth a watch.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Is anyone watching "Child of our Time" - Prof. Robert Winston. It was on last night and I think another part is being shown tonight. It progresses various families from the birth of their child onwards. I watched it when the children featured were first born and now the children are 13 and on the threshold of being adult. The families are from differing backgrounds and have had differing experiences and fortunes over the years. The parents and childrens views are so various but all are fascinating. Well worth a watch.
Hi Rena yes I have watched it from the start , I am finding it very interesting.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:02 PM

I just saw the date on this sorry
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
I just saw the date on this sorry
Don't worry, the old ones do get dragged up sometimes.
you could always start a new similar one.
My answer to this thread would be, "a momentary lapse of reason"!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't worry, the old ones do get dragged up sometimes.
you could always start a new similar one.
My answer to this thread would be, "a momentary lapse of reason"!
And I would agree with you.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top