Join for free
Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 06:51 AM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
And tend?

Anyways... any post that has the word hate in it is surely not acceptable when referring to a whole nation of people ..
Is it?
I would agree Rhian. A nation is made up of many different people, with different ideas and attitudes, so only a fool would judge them to be all the same!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 07:23 AM

re my post I inadvertently left a word out of my quote .
It should have been
' wee timid cowering beastie '
From that great Scottish poet Robbie Burns .
Surprised no scots person picked up on it
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 07:33 AM

Any impartial reader of this thread can surely see why I harbour a deep seated dislike of people from 'north of the border'
Their posts on this thread do nothing to change my views but only serve to reinforce my beliefs.
And, by the way, my statements on this subject are a generalisation and not aimed at any individual or group of individuals.

malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
re my post I inadvertently left a word out of my quote .
It should have been
' wee timid cowering beastie '
From that great Scottish poet Robbie Burns .
Surprised no scots person picked up on it
Scratch timid, insert 'Timerous'
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Just to set the record straight....I love Scotch Whisky and I thought the Krankies were hilarious I liked them a lot.
Too much of the former, probably led to enjoyment of the latter.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Too much of the former, probably led to enjoyment of the latter.
Hi

That is so funny Nom.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:10 AM

If there is no racism between Scotland and England why does the SNP say that they will not tolerate anti- English racism ?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinio...est_otherwise/
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:24 AM

Reluctant to join in this,but yes Abbey there is an anti English element in Scotland. I experienced it first hand when working in Glasgow.

Just a few misguided souls, and i dont judge Scotland by these few individuals. The same can be said of many in the country who harbour similar views.

Rivalry is often based on historical grievances, and can be upheld by folks with a sense of injustice from past events, without people realising it.

I reckon most of the areas of the UK may have such rivalries, it just seems to be part of human nature, being territorial is not new.

When it matters people forget these things, the 2 world wars found Scotland side by side with the rest of the country, and they more than played their part.

Mind you in Lancashire v Yorkshire i will take Yorkshire every time.

And try being the only Geordie in the village.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Thank you for all your intersting and diverse replies .

It seems to me that there are differing opinions on this thread.

People who agree with me and think I have a point .

People who think I should just ignore such comments .

Peope who think racism cannot exist between Scotland and England as we are all the " same race " see link above .

There are the usual name calling offensive posts

Also there are people who think I should not have mentioned Malcolm by name .

I know this much if I was approaching a person from another country in the street and saying to them the things which have been said to the Scottish people by Malcolm . I don't think the police would be saying , " it's just one opinion " . I think I would be arrested .
Seems that some people think it's ok on a forum to do this . Especially if accompanied by an exclamation mark and / or smiley .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Hi

The problem is, to my mind at least, is that many have difficulty understanding the sheer stupidity of some of the human race.

Racism is not confined to the UK, it is a world wide issue, if you think it is bad here, it is much worse in parts of Africa and the Far East.

The mentality is not just confined to race, creed or colour, you can see it in football gangs, on estates, if you are a youth from Woodside in Telford, best not been seen on Brookside, you will get a kicking and vice versa.

There will always be some idiots who need to think that they are superior to others.

Quite sad really.

Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top