Join for free
Page 14 of 55 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Re: What books are you reading now?

I just finished Khourey's The Sign, a rousingly good read, real page turner! Am about to start Katherine Neville's The Eight: a mix of modern romance, historical fiction and medieval mystery according to the jacket blurb. Sounds interesting, and a nice long one too: 598 pages.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 11:01 PM

I thought "The Eight" sounded to be a great read but I was sadly dissapointed. I think Khourey's "The Sign" may be a better read..
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Well just finished the Last Detective by Robert Crais was a very good book didnt realise that there had been 8 books previous to this one but it did not stop the enjoyment and would certainly read another of his books.

Have now moved onto No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay another new author to me, will let you know.
I've just recently finished reading that book. I enjoyed it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by anna ->
I thought "The Eight" sounded to be a great read but I was sadly dissapointed. I think Khourey's "The Sign" may be a better read..
That's interesting, Anna, as so far I'm not particularly impressed by what I've read of The Eight. The French Revolution isn't a period I'd normally be reading about .... will post more when I have a better impression of where the novel's going.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:19 AM

Reading the "Adventures of Crusty" and thoroughly enjoying it. However, not available on Amazon yet......but watch this space
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:32 AM

Thanks Carmen. It took me around 10 years to write those stories from start to finish in totality, so thank you for reading and to others that have contributed their comments as well. Very much appreciated.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-10-2011, 01:34 AM

Almost finished The Eight; quite disappointed; I'd never recommend. A poor read. See Amazon's reviews.......
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 09:18 AM

I have gone for something easy to read this time so i am reading Sleeping Arrangements by Sophie Kinsella (writing as Madeleine Wickham)
I like this type of easy reading every now and again.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 03:22 AM

Just read Peter Robinsons "Bad boy" - an inspector Banks novel. Love crime novels and Robinson used to be one of my favourites. Sad to say he let me down now. Maybe he is tired of writing - I don't know.
Anyroad my bookshop had some books on sale this week, so apart from some norwegian crime novels & hobby books I also found Nicholson Bakers Human Smoke. Really looking forward to read this book.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

23-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Am almost thru Ann Benson's novel The Plague Tales. A good read of you enjoy medical thrillers: this is set partly back in medieval times and partly in our near future. Hard to put down.

Page 14 of 55 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top