Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Re: Duchess of Cambridge

As there are 'facts' on 'both' sides, I'd say its a good idea to leave the girl to R. I. P .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
The Sports personality was married but did not have children. (It was another one of her lovers that had a wife and children) And OF COURSE he should not have had an affair with Diana. But the point is no one is depicting him as some deeply hurt victim who was driven to do what he did by the malign influences of the Royals. It is accepted that he was responsible for his actions.

My point is that Diana was very melodramtic about 'the other woman', but she never gave a thought to the wives of her two married lovers. And there are people who won't have it that she too was responsible for her actions.
Was she depicted as a victim over that affair or the other one?

The problem with your argument is that you are expecting someone with mental health issues to think rationally - they don't tend to do that. Depressed people are notoriously selfish and self-serving, it's part of the illness so I'm not surprised to be honest.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
without wanting to start another thread for which I am not popular for
Who has said that? I think you've started some cracking threads! Certainly got everyone discussing things so that has to be a good plus in my book
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But at least we aren't talking about bras yet
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

30-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Julie - never forget - 'his' affair started 'before' his marriage and 'during' ...
yawn yawn yawn - haven't affairs both sides of the bed been going on with British Royals for as long as we can remember? - it's par for the course and fortunately the rest of the country hasn't followed with such ferocity or has it?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Julie - never forget - 'his' affair started 'before' his marriage and 'during' ...
Absolutely. However, I notice that that is being overlooked by the opposition
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Who has said that? I think you've started some cracking threads! Certainly got everyone discussing things so that has to be a good plus in my book
Haven't noticed any comments re - threads either, the posts themselves well, yea
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
1) I don't think Kate has charisma. But she is charming, intelligent, well educated, loyal and very well balanced. She has good self worth and is an enormous asset to the Royal family.

2)The young mans murder is tragic and I am sure the entire country mourn his death. But it isn't in any way disrespectful to have some feel good factor about one of our popular young Royals.
Well put Markey
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Crikey - there's a few toys being slung out of the pram on this thread! I shall take my blind obsession somewhere else then
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
yawn yawn yawn - haven't affairs both sides of the bed been going on with British Royals for as long as we can remember? - it's par for the course and fortunately the rest of the country hasn't followed with such ferocity or has it?
I find the Royals just as

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top