Join for free
Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:54 AM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Banning beam trawling and pulse beam trawling will be another great move by the British government.

Not only will that stop the wholesale destruction of natural habitats on the sea floor it will also make the big factory ships totally uneconomical to run.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Hi

The EU will remain our biggest single trading partner when we leave at the end of this year.

If it collapses that will have a financial effect on the UK.

We cannot stay part of it, we must uphold the decision of the ordinary voter to Leave.

Times have changed, the whole world is heading into recession and the UK is not immune.

Should we back down?

No.

Wishing that the EU will collapse is not in our Financial Interests.

It is an act of self harm.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will remain our biggest single trading partner when we leave at the end of this year.

We cannot stay part of it, we must uphold the decision of the ordinary voter to Leave.

Times have changed, the whole world is heading into recession and the UK is not immune.

Should we back down?

No.

The collapse of the EU (especially the Eurozone and the Euro) is inevitable.

After 10 years of QE by the ECB to solve the financial crisis, which was supposed to solve unemployment, interest rates, wage stagnation and inflation, it has done nothing of the sort.

The ECB is now faced with an even bigger crisis and its solution is to carry on the same path, with more debt, more QE, no changes in unemployment, interest rates, inflation or wages as the EU economies continue to decline (even before COVID-19). With this kind of continues futile, drastic action, the rest of the world is losing faith in the Euro and seeing big risks ahead for the common currency and its sustainability.

The member states will start to abandon the project soon.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:26 AM

Hi

Should we back down?

No.

Who says we wish the downfall of the eu Swimmy?
We merely wish to leave the club?
And as Bread says, its quite likely it will collapse anyway? So it is
in our interests to leave BEFORE this happens, dont you think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Who says we wish the downfall of the eu Swimmy?
We merely wish to leave the club?
And as Bread says, its quite likely it will collapse anyway? So it is
in our interests to leave BEFORE this happens, dont you think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Absolutely right DM

The EU (elite) are not a country. It is the politics of the elite that govern elected governments that I despise.

No nation should have its sovereignty taken away by unelected officials.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What I just don't get is why our Continental members on here are so concerned about our decision to leave the EU. Surely it is going to cause enough problems in their own countries, what with the huge tax rises they will incur when we actually finish with our payments. That is what would really worry me if I lived over there.

What they don't seem to be able to grasp is that we are an island race built up on our own independence and have an inborn hatred of being ruled by another country. Many have tried in the not so distant past and all failed yet they just have this irrestible itch to control the UK.

All I can think or be led to believe how unhappy they must be in the way they are controlled by a multi country government who dictates over them and have no control of how their country is run.

I suppose we should feel sorry for them being left with no proper government of their own, not even allowed to have their own currency, that was taken away from them as well
I agree.

I believe that the greatest fear by members of the remaining EU member states is the fact that they are going to have to pay more individually (in taxes, I assume) to make up the shortfall of the lack of payments by their cash cow.

On the other hand, it is quite possible that some people over there actually like being ruled by a nation other than their own. I believe that they are still allowed to vote for their own MEPs who sit in the European parliament, but there are two distinctive differences to our own parliament.

Firstly, depending on their individual country, the number of their own elected MEPs would be quite small compared to the total number.
Secondly, the European parliament doesn't, I understand, have the power to create or modify its laws; that is done by the Commission which, of course, is not elected by the people.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Who forced the UK into the EU when they entered the club? I do not remember. In our books they say that the UK joined voluntarily. They must be lying.

Can You tell me who is this "EU" force that has taken control over 26 countries and their governments?
There is no denying that the persons responsible for handing our country to the EU leaders were our own politicians.

In fairness to them, they initially signed us up to membership of the EEC, which was a perfectly beneficial free trade organisation.
Over the years, though, it morphed into a political organisation, taking control of more and more of our laws and freedoms.

Again, though, it was our own politicians who blindly agreed to these changes, and it is they who I blame for our present situation.

This 'EU force' that has taken control of the (now) 27 'member states' is, of course, the European Commission. Yes, I believe that there is one member for every member state, but the Commission itself is not elected democratically by the people. Consequently, it is open to being easily led into making decisions which benefits its own interests rather than those of the people of each individual nation (as was).

Then, of course, for some reason it seems to cost a great deal more for this type of government, going by how much each individual country pays into the coffers.

More expensive; less representative.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-06-2020, 12:12 PM

When it collapses, we shall be able to trade more freely with individual ex-EU countries, no longer hampered by overriding EU regulations and demands.

There will also be more competition between individual countries for our trade, and competition benefits everyone (except the greedy).

Until the inevitable collapse of the EU, we shall be happy to trade exclusively with the rest of the world - quite a big place, I believe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-06-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There is no denying that the persons responsible for handing our country to the EU leaders were our own politicians.

In fairness to them, they initially signed us up to membership of the EEC, which was a perfectly beneficial free trade organisation.
Over the years, though, it morphed into a political organisation, taking control of more and more of our laws and freedoms.

Again, though, it was our own politicians who blindly agreed to these changes, and it is they who I blame for our present situation.

This 'EU force' that has taken control of the (now) 27 'member states' is, of course, the European Commission. Yes, I believe that there is one member for every member state, but the Commission itself is not elected democratically by the people. Consequently, it is open to being easily led into making decisions which benefits its own interests rather than those of the people of each individual nation (as was).

Then, of course, for some reason it seems to cost a great deal more for this type of government, going by how much each individual country pays into the coffers.

More expensive; less representative.
The EU Constitution was rejected by most member states when it was proposed and I think it was only Spain that had gave its approval. The underhand solution used by the elite to get this "Constitution" signed off was to rebrand it as a treaty which doesn't mandate a referendum to. be held (even though countries such as Ireland, Denmark etc still had one regardless, and look what happened there). Instead, the people were sidelined and the treaty was signed up by the pro-EU, power hungry member state leaders with the promises of power through their national vetoes.

Over the past 20 years or so national vetoes have been reduced in favour of QMV, where pro-EU countries which benefit from free money, the trap set for businesses by the single market and career politicians on the EU gravy train.

We know the EU Constitution by another name, it's called the Lisbon Treaty and it was ratified by out very own Mr Blair, behind out backs.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yep !

They have a lot to lose, that's why

In the case of the Netherlands and other countries occupied by Germany in the 2nd World War, they always saw us as the member state that would stick up for them and keep them safe if Germany ever tried to invade them again. Now we have left the EU they feel their security has gone too, hence the constant sneers about trade and fishing etc. They will say anything to skirt round the edges of the real problem they have.
Canadians and americans, even poles, came to liberate the netherlands. The english gave the netherlands a pass after the cock up of market garden by montgomery. He thought it would be like a trip to the market or a stroll in the garden untill he met a ss tank division.

But tell me, why is the UK beggin' to keep access to the SIS database?

Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top