Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

04-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

Slightly off on a tangent here, but in the last week I've been househunting and found a house I like. But my brain really struggled to engage in sorting out making an offer, and I had some anxiety about it one night, something I have never suffered from before. All fine now, and my second offer was accepted so I feel quite relieved. But I'm sure the brain fog is a lasting effect from chemo, as well as perhaps a side effect of a tablet I now have to take. It's the pits that even when intense treatment is over, some effects linger on...
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Slightly off on a tangent here, but in the last week I've been househunting and found a house I like. But my brain really struggled to engage in sorting out making an offer, and I had some anxiety about it one night, something I have never suffered from before. All fine now, and my second offer was accepted so I feel quite relieved. But I'm sure the brain fog is a lasting effect from chemo, as well as perhaps a side effect of a tablet I now have to take. It's the pits that even when intense treatment is over, some effects linger on...
I think many of the side effects of chemo may take a while to disappear but I’ve not had a break of more than a week or two in the last 10 months so can only go by what I hear. Hope your house move goes well anyway, orangutan.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanks Val. Hard to imagine how debilitating it must be for you to be on such constant chemo. I don't think I could cope with that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:44 PM

Hi

Being on Chemo affects you.

It is not something that I have ever experienced, however the strong medication that I have been on certainly affected my ability to make decisions.

I still feel washed out, but things are getting better, but much more slowly than I would like.

The experience has certainly given me an insight into what it must be like for those on Chemo.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:58 PM

When I finished my first round of chemo and was asked if I’d like to continue, I didn’t feel too bad, I more or less had a bad week followed by a good one. Now I’m getting towards the end of my second round and I’m feeling totally drained most of the time, I’ll not be so quick to accept more but at the moment I don’t know what the alternative is.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 03:29 PM

So where is this new house located Ania darlin'???
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So where is this new house located Ania darlin'???
In Cumbria, UJ.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 03:32 PM

In Cumbria, UJ.

A long, long way away from me
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 03:36 PM

True, UJ, but I will likely visit friends in Norwich and Herts now and then so may be able to add you to my Southern Circuit...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

05-08-2018, 03:47 PM

True, UJ, but I will likely visit friends in Norwich and Herts now and then so may be able to add you to my Southern Circuit...

Ania darlin' - you would be very welcome here anytime you choose to visit this part of the world. We can always return to the Sabai Thai restaurant.

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top