Join for free
Page 173 of 1010 « First < 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Bloody Norah!! Were they made of gold??
Hazel darlin' - just take butcher's hook at what prices will be charged in East London later this year.

Spectators will have to put up with high prices for food and drink for the Olympic Games in London, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

The paper has collated the cost of basic items on sale at the Olympic park, and reveal that a basic lunch on a family day out could cost as much as £40.

With airport-style security in place there will be no scope for fans to bring their own drinks into the site, while a 500ml bottle of mineral water cost £1.60 at the weekend’s test event. It will be possible to bring empty water bottles, however, and fill them up at taps around the park for free.

Bringing your own food to an event, by contrast, will be permitted, but organisers have reserved the right to confiscate ‘excessive food’.

The Mail said that a spokesman indicated that meant picnic hampers or cool boxes were “likely to be an issue”.

With the restrictions on food and drink, spectators will have to brace themselves for considerable additional expenses during the day out.

A spokesman for Games organisers Locog told the paper: “We have gone to considerable lengths to find great tasting, top quality food, setting new benchmark standards for the industry.

“This includes snacks from £1, sandwiches from under £4 and jacket potatoes from just over £5.”

THE COST OF FOOD AND DRINK AT THE OLYMPIC PARK (Source: Daily Mail)

500ml bottle of water – £1.60

Small glass of wine – £5.20

Fresh orange juice – £2.80

Cup of coffee - £2.40

Hot dog - £5.90

Pack of pork scratching - £2.50

Granola yoghurt - £3.80
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Crikey you lot, the fat is the tastiest bit! Caramelised pork or lamb fat is glorious, and I often swap my lean bits for Mrs PM's fatty bits, as she isn't keen either....

Today I cooked roast chicken and served it with jacket spud and a crisp salad. With the leftover chicken I am baking a chicken, leek and mushroom pie tomorrow which I am serving with mash and green veg. I also picked some rhubarb from the garden today, which I stewed with some ginger and served up with creme fraiche for sweet...
I love rhubarb and ginger (where did you say you lived) the nuns used to make rhubarb and ginger jam, gorgeous.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Rhubarb crumble caramelised with dark muscavado sugar, Cinnamon, mixed spice and allspice served warm with vanilla custard. Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hazel darlin' - just take butcher's hook at what prices will be charged in East London later this year.

Spectators will have to put up with high prices for food and drink for the Olympic Games in London, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

The paper has collated the cost of basic items on sale at the Olympic park, and reveal that a basic lunch on a family day out could cost as much as £40.

With airport-style security in place there will be no scope for fans to bring their own drinks into the site, while a 500ml bottle of mineral water cost £1.60 at the weekend’s test event. It will be possible to bring empty water bottles, however, and fill them up at taps around the park for free.

Bringing your own food to an event, by contrast, will be permitted, but organisers have reserved the right to confiscate ‘excessive food’.

The Mail said that a spokesman indicated that meant picnic hampers or cool boxes were “likely to be an issue”.

With the restrictions on food and drink, spectators will have to brace themselves for considerable additional expenses during the day out.

A spokesman for Games organisers Locog told the paper: “We have gone to considerable lengths to find great tasting, top quality food, setting new benchmark standards for the industry.

“This includes snacks from £1, sandwiches from under £4 and jacket potatoes from just over £5.”

THE COST OF FOOD AND DRINK AT THE OLYMPIC PARK (Source: Daily Mail)

500ml bottle of water – £1.60

Small glass of wine – £5.20

Fresh orange juice – £2.80

Cup of coffee - £2.40

Hot dog - £5.90

Pack of pork scratching - £2.50

Granola yoghurt - £3.80
I will refrain from swearing as I'm sure it's not allowed but #@c*ing 'eck I'm glad I'm not bothering.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 12:47 PM

we are out for dinner this evening, making the most of my few days off work
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
we are out for dinner this evening, making the most of my few days off work
Reindeer or Crocodile steaks Kitty darlin' ????
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 02:01 PM

Fingers crossed this is the last day of workmen in the kitchen. So tonight I'm cooking fish pie and veg. Proper food for a change...no more 'ding dinners'
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Reindeer or Crocodile steaks Kitty darlin' ????
neither Uncle Joe going to have a nice fillet steak if its on the menu
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
neither Uncle Joe going to have a nice fillet steak if its on the menu
Impala, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich or Wildebeeste would make a delightful and very tasty alternative to beef Kitty darlin'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 06:24 PM

Roast vegetable lasagne with a salad,
and for pud home made damson jelly

Page 173 of 1010 « First < 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top