Join for free
Page 175 of 1676 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 675 1175 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:58 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

ya nearly became a yakee doodle dandy man heh? - go on Jem we promise we won't tell the missus!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:24 PM

WINTER BOOTS

He asked for help and she could see why.

Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on.

By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.'

She looked, and sure enough, they were.

Unfortunately, it wasn't any easier pulling the boots off, than it was putting them on.

She managed to keep her cool as, together, they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the correct feet.

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue, rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why didn't you say so?' like she wanted to.

Once again, she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet.

No sooner had they got the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots. But my Mom made me wear 'em today.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots BACK onto his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your gloves?'

He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of the boots so I wouldn’t lose them...'

She'll be eligible for parole in three years.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:40 PM

It's enough to break ones heart and soul.
I used to stuff newspaper into the boots that were handed down to me from the big brother, you could get a few years out of a good pair of boots or shoes then, have them souled and heeled at a modest charge and they were like new again.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Skinheads used to get their Doc Martens from Timothy Whites, cos, they didn't want to Bovver Boots.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-02-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Skinheads used to get their Doc Martens from Timothy Whites, cos, they didn't want to Bovver Boots.
where did they get their haircuts??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 10:48 PM

The Barbers over here are on strike, they're not cutting hair any longer.

When you think about it animals have always played a big part in human life, horses provided us with transport for thousands of years, cows and pigs provided us with food, and cats and dogs with company. I won’t go into the many millions of animals who lost their lives in the fields of medicine and cosmetics.
The question is, could we have survived without animals?
Let us not forget that Lyons made tea and Birds made custard, Camels gave us cigarettes and Lambs made excellent jams. A German Wolf invented the electric power drill and provided good jobs for hundreds of people, he opened a factory and it was called ‘The Company of Wolves’ They went on to make a film about it, I forget who played the Wolf, but he has a sheepskin on him all through the picture.
Yes indeed, we owe a lot to our animals past and present.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 03:21 AM

....still doesn't explain why butter flies,Jem! :-}
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 08:24 AM

Skunk has bought much pleasure.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

09-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
....still doesn't explain why butter flies,Jem! :-}
Irish Butter flies all over the World, the Kerrygold brand is known in many Countries now, the Chinese can’t get enough of the stuff I believe.
Jamesons Irish Whiskey make a blend called ‘Redbreast’, it’s a 12 year old whiskey, popular with the Hollywood set now along with Bushmills Black Bush label, which is distilled in Northern Ireland, both are very valueable exports to this island.
Back in the 70’s the young fellas in the pub would try to embarrass any new barmaid by asking at the bar “Could I have two large Redbreasts and a small Black Bush please”
I kid you not.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

09-02-2017, 11:37 PM

A Legal Question.

I like watching the Antique Roadshow, Flog it and programs like that. One thing that amazes me is in all the many thousands of articles brought into Flog it and the like over the years not one article was nicked!
Having spent the best part of my life in a related business I find that flabbergasting, the jewellery and Antique business are hosts to a lot of dodgy deals, probably more so than most. I would love to see a person coming on to Flog it with a pair of 18th century silver candle sticks. Now I know nobody is going to be stupid enough to admit to having stolen goods, but how would this fare out for example.

Expert. “These are in beautiful condition, early 18th century, London Hallmarked, how do they happen to be in your possession may I ask?“

Flogger. “ Well they were handed down through the family over the centuries, my great great great great grandfather was Dick Turpin”

Expert.

Honesty is the best policy they tell us, would this seller be allowed to keep the candlesticks?

Page 175 of 1676 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 675 1175 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top