Join for free
Page 179 of 276 « First < 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:03 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Dreamy you need to contact your psychiatrist. You need support!
Please keep your phone ready.
Just phone 999 if you feel ill.
I cannot believe this has happened!
My prayers are with you, but you need help.
Oh it is crazy what you have been through, then to send you home with NO support!
Keep us posted.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:15 PM

I'm so sorry fFosse... Morti's right, keep the radio on it will keep you grounded especially in the night.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Thanks, and yes, you're both right - I've been sent home with no support, just the fever which I think is better treated in hospital. But they don't know what it is so it keeps coming back. Getting up was torture this morning, I think I spilt about half a cup of coffee from the kitchen to the living room. I've got my space heater and a hat on to try and stay warm. I will be making some phone calls come 9.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 09:44 AM

And, Morticia, I do keep the TV on in the background a little mindless shopping channel it seems to take the edge off.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2018, 09:52 AM

It's a choice between having this virus treated in hospital (but they can't fix it) or me at home, trying to deal with it with paracetamol althoughn the numbers go up during the day and I start to feel really unwell until I can take the paracetamol again. But I still get the nightmare of walking in my sleep and feeling terrible, really.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2018, 12:19 PM

I don't know what to do. I could go back to hospital today for evaluation and they might keep me in but I'm angry with them over the past few days dramas.

It seems all I can do is wait it out and see if I get sicker (more likely) or slightly better I doubt. I wish I just had some more strength. TV in the background has helped me a bit.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2018, 12:44 PM

I'm glad I got a new vaper, though as 2 broke both on the same night. Now I've got this one I'm going to try and look after it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Dreamy you need to contact your psychiatrist. You need support!
Please keep your phone ready.
Just phone 999 if you feel ill.
I cannot believe this has happened!
My prayers are with you, but you need help.
Oh it is crazy what you have been through, then to send you home with NO support!
Keep us posted.
They've got their own number and ambulances, I would just end up there again at ward 2 for a lengthy wait,then upstairs to ward 8 - I must have done this 4 times since Friday. For a couple of days last week I was fine, it was great, then I got sick again and I can feel the cancer sucking away at me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They've got their own number and ambulances, I would just end up there again at ward 2 for a lengthy wait,then upstairs to ward 8 - I must have done this 4 times since Friday. For a couple of days last week I was fine, it was great, then I got sick again and I can feel the cancer sucking away at me.
My late BIL had both COPD and MH issues.
He was discharged from hospital once with a bad chest infection, his temp like you, kept spiking, and he was scared.
He was also very delirious at times, so as he was about to go manic, we persuaded him to take a rest in the Psychiatric hospital, they would keep a watchful eye on him.
This might be a good option dreamy, as they will send you to the main hospital if needed.
Apart from that, I don't know what to suggest.
Cancer does drain you, are you able to eat properly.
Where are the Macmillan Cancer Support nurses?
I cannot believe you are once again facing all this alone.
Keep us posted. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2018, 02:25 PM

Well I just visited my head of Practise at my surgery and she: sorted out my constipation which the hospital never took seriously. Got sputum from a cough that was never there whilst I was in hospital and got a few other samples. Local doctors can be so much better.

Page 179 of 276 « First < 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top