Join for free
Page 18 of 190 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:42 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Those were the days Val, they won't come back, but they have left some special memories....
No running today, but a visit to the cinema at Meadowhall with some friends.
There is always something nice to eat on these days out.
It's safe to go out now all the kids are back at school and the rest are back to work after the weekend.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:51 AM

Morning all. Enjoy your visit to the cinema Robert.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Thanks Myra,
I'm taking one for the women this morning, we're going to see 'Suite Francaise' It's about a woman who falls in love with a German Officer during the occupation of France in the second world war.
Plenty of sloppy stuff.....urrrrrggggggg
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:14 AM

Just catching up with yesterday's run Robert. It brought back memories of times when my ex, our daughter and I would go out for a run in the car and instead of stopping at a cafe for something to eat, we would stop at a local shop for potatoes, tins of soup etc then find a nice spot to build a fire. The soup was just heated in the can while the potatoes roasted in the fire. That plus any picnic additions we had brought made it a feast for a king LOL.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Just the sort of thing that I'd get up to Freshfields.
I don't think they do it nowadays do they.
When I was an apprentice engineer, we had a coke burning stove in the machine shop, [that's when 'coke' meant something entirely different] it had slots on the chimney; we used to take soup or beans and warm them up in the slots for lunch. Sometimes we would stoke it up until it shone red and do toast, sometimes with a hefty wedge of cheese on.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:34 AM

It tastes better, doesn't it LOL. What have we done to our children if their only survival knowledge is when McDonald's opens LOL I'm happy to know that although my daughter enjoys fine wining and dining, she could just as happily survive living in the wild
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Entry:-170315
The mist had closed down visibility to around one hundred metres as I strode out along the deserted street. The moisture clung to my face and legs making it feel colder than it was, but I soon slipped into a relaxed comfortable pace. No gasping for breath this morning, I would take it steady and enjoy the trip. Across the field and through the woods, not a soul in sight, that was until I reached the busy main road. There was a spring in my step as drivers rushed by on their way to work, but above the sounds of the traffic, a siren grew louder and louder. Cars pulled over as the paramedic zig zagged through the endless stream of vehicles, just as I though my ear drums would burst, he was gone. It brought back memories of the morning he came for me. I wondered if he was the same paramedic, did he recognise me as he sped past, was he proud to see me out running, back to normal, a success story indeed. I turned down the cul-de-sac and it was suddenly silent, I made the call. The lane was dry and firm underfoot, there was more evidence of approaching spring with cherry blossoms overhanging the lane from above, and hawthornes with visible buds giving a distinct green hue along it's length. The mist had retreated now and I was running warm, still bouncing off the lane, the early sensible pace was paying dividends now and I knew there was plenty left. I slowed to a stop as I twisted through the half open gate and stopped the watch. 49:29, a very fast time, anything under 50 minutes for this course is considered fast.
I wasn't even trying this morning, and still posted a fast time, not only that; just lately I've been consistently fast, could it be that my Heart is recovering to a level greater than before......Just a few months ago I would have been on my knees after a fast run like that, and now it's becoming normal.....
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland

17-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Another great start to the day OGF !!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 10:31 PM

A word of caution perhaps?

http://breakingmuscle.com/endurance-...for-your-heart

Page 18 of 190 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top