Join for free
Page 189 of 276 « First < 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Oh, I've been out shopping and what's more forgot to take my diazepam beforehand. I realised about halfway through the walk. It wasn't very far - just to my local CO-OP but at least I didn't have to go far, nor will I starve over the Holidays.

I think it was the stairs leading up to Ward 3 that did me in over Monday and Tuesday, but walking outside is different, a more gentle incline, that is until you find some steps. I had to be careful because my new (new to me, a brown pair of kicker boots I got from a charity shop 3 years ago) had to adjust to the frost somewhat,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Oh, I've been out shopping and what's more forgot to take my diazepam beforehand. I realised about halfway through the walk. It wasn't very far - just to my local CO-OP but at least I didn't have to go far, nor will I starve over the Holidays.

I think it was the stairs leading up to Ward 3 that did me in over Monday and Tuesday, but walking outside is different, a more gentle incline, that is until you find some steps. I had to be careful because my new (new to me, a brown pair of kicker boots I got from a charity shop 3 years ago) had to adjust to the frost somewhat,
Well done for getting to the shops Ffosse, it sounds like it has been a good day for you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:08 AM

Happy Christmas Dreamy.
I hope we will see you tomorrow.
God bless you. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:09 PM

A breakthrough (possibly) in my illness.

Last night I was woken up by a severe pain in both my legs and back. Think the worst pain ever. I tried to raise myself but this took at least 20 minutes. I finally managed to reach the kitchen - which is where I keep my Oramorph. The pain was intense, excruciating I can still feel strong remnants of it all.The Oramorph seemed to do its job because somehow I got back to sleep but I took a lot of it. It reminded me of the pain I got with my first cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) both in its length and intensity.

Then I thought: what if they've been treating me for the wrong type of cancer: Non Hodgkins versus Hodgkins...could this really be the solution.

The pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and perhaps they'd been treating me for the wrong type of cancer all along.

Food for thought and it's put a twist on my day - I was going to see a couple of people but I was so scared (still am) that I don't think I'm up to it. I don't think I know what to do - this was no febrile state, nor anything I'd come against my body before.

I'm beginning to think in terms of demons being real because, during those states, nothing else makes sense.

But I'm going ton speak to one of the doctors from Ward 8 who won't have a clue about what it is. They ask you to rate pain on a 1 out of 10 level and mine was a 10, probably a 4 by now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Oh Dreamy I am sorry.
Please don't push yourself too hard.
I thought you were over the worst.
I don't know about the wrong diagnosis, I can only relate to what happened to my Mum. A different cancer evolved
Cancer is like little seeds, you never know where they will spread.
But you have had tests and scans.
I do hope things improve for you.
I know you are scared.
Just post your feelings, I will always respond. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-12-2018, 02:01 PM

I will, Sweetie, it's just tough; sometimes I think they think I'm the boy who called wolf, but it's very real and is happening to me. If I knew it was cancer and there was one diagnosis and one treatment I'd be happy.

And a lot of it is tied in with my mental health issues too; I'm not crazy but weird things have been happening aside from pain.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-12-2018, 02:08 PM

I can imagine that Dreamy.
Near death experiences are common.
But it is the mind playing tricks.
I will be logging on and off as I can.
So I am here for you. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Thanks, Sweetie.

The doctor's advice was to take paracetamol, but I knew it would be. What I had was no fever.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-12-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, Sweetie.

The doctor's advice was to take paracetamol, but I knew it would be. What I had was no fever.
No I agree Dreamy.
I am just going out to visit my two remaining relatives, who are both in homes.
I will pop back to support you my lovely.
Try to forget those visions. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-12-2018, 05:10 PM

I'm wondering if I'll see the 31st.

It's cancer I've got alright but maybe they are treating the wrong type.

I'm watching The Guns of Navaronne.

Page 189 of 276 « First < 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top