Join for free
Page 196 of 1676 « First < 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 1196 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 01:08 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

and I thought we were all good mates!! - what a travesty!! angst angst and angst

pulling the plug that releases his 'bucket list' - hope you're included!
read it again pugsy and inwardly digest! - I can explain it more lucidly if you wish ?? - the ozzie vernacular sometime translates differently to the brits/irish and angles?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=gumbud;1115144]and I thought we were all good mates!! - what a travesty!! angst angst and angst

read it again pugsy and inwardly digest! - I can explain it more lucidly if you wish ?? - the ozzie vernacular sometime translates differently to the brits/irish and angles?[/QUOTE]

That's a bit Obtuse.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:34 AM

obtuse is in this year!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:44 AM

Aww,please don't fall out with Each other Lads,You all have Me laughing out loud with Your crazy humour every day and I'd miss it if You stopped
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-03-2017, 01:40 PM

then why not join in it's not just a boys club ya know!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 04:16 PM

May,
My dear Grampy Robert had a cottage garden which he worked in with my gran Maudie at every opportunity. Ahead of their time in mixing their flowers & vegetables . At first glance these mixed plantings appeared randomly but it’s mainstream knowledge today that that growing marigolds near brassicas scared off the dreaded whitefly…other combinationds worked well also. We kids dreaded the local milk man delivering with his pretty skewbald mare. You can guess why, for it stopped outside next to the grass verge, good foodstuff & guaraqntede to get the horses digestion going.
We had to be fast though because all the neighbours rushed out with buckets & shovels. WE were to quick for them, drat our faux enthusiasm.

Grampy Bob never let a visitor go without a basket of fruit & veg and/or flowers & the encouraging words
“Now, do come back my dear, you’ll be as welcome as the flowers in May” and so we were, so we were.
You too May, pop by anytime.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Be reasonable lads, this is not a serious thread, if I wanted serious I’d take up politics or religion, plenty of other threads for that, now please kiss and make up and get on with it, life’s too short for arguing.

Seeing that love is in the air, I am reminded of my first date, real official date that is.

I stood waiting at the corner, all done up to the nines
A sharp crease in me trousers, with precision lines
Glancing at the watch I got on the never never
Come on Girl why are you taking forever?
Fifteen minuted later, and still no sign of my date
Think I’ll go back home and have a drink with my mate
Then her hall door opens and she bids her Mother farewell
“Be home before twelve or your dad will give you hell”
I was meant to hear this, to fill me up with fear
And I cried back that I got the message, loud and clear.
We missed the bus into Town and stood there wondering what to do
Then she goes and tells me she’s lost the heel of her shoe
“This wouldn’t have happened if you had tried to be a little faster
Now the whole night has turned into a disaster”
We went back to her house where she changed her shoes
Went up to the local flea house where there’s never any Queues.
I said it was like Lourdes when we were inside talking
If you went in crippled you’d come out walking
I got her home at half past eleven
And that was the start of a marriage made in heaven.

You see folks what could have ended up in a row and a split up didn’t, faith took a hand and we had a good time in the old cinema, I might add the following Friday night she was bang on time.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 05:08 PM

You Guys are the 'Famous Five' of OFF and long may You entertain Us all with Your wit,daft poetry,and crazy tales
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-03-2017, 05:18 PM

A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses.

She started her class by saying, 'Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up!'
After a few seconds, Little Larry stood up.
The teacher said, 'Do you think you're stupid, Larry?'
'No, ma'am, but I didn't like to see you standing there all by yourself!'

Little Larry attended a horse auction with his father.
He watched as his father moved from horse to horse, running his hands up and down the horse's legs and rump, and chest.

After a few minutes, Larry asked, 'Dad, why are you doing that?'

His father replied, 'Because when I'm buying horses, I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy.
Larry, looking worried, said, 'Dad, I think the milkman wants to buy Mom .....'
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You Guys are the 'Famous Five' of OFF and long may You entertain Us all with Your wit,daft poetry,and crazy tales
Enid Blyton's novels feature the adventures of a group of young children – Julian, Dick, Anne and Georgina (George) – and their dog Timmy....Uummm!

Who is who?

Thaaanks for the compliment May.

Page 196 of 1676 « First < 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 1196 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top