Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Re: £1.24 a litre

has the witch Maggie emerged from her mausoleum . .

Thank goodness this site is 50+ I would hate children to be scared by tales of the evil Thatcher.

Once upon a time a witch came,she was hated until she sent a few boys off to be killed in a far off place.

How the country cheered when those with no limbs missing came home..

And Dennis and Margaret lived rich and famous ever after
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
. .

Once upon a time a witch came,she was hated until she sent a few boys off to be killed in a far off place.

Should'nt that be 'Warlocks' the two B's.
At least the witch did it to defend our province, the 2 B's did it for self glory and money.
They lived an enriched life as well.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Yeah, . . . a dammed disgrace, . . we live 5 miles from the biggest refinery in the country too, . . we have our own resources and we pay more than everyone else, . . . . in America they pay £1.50 a gallon, . . who are the mugs on this planet, . . . . us, the Brits.

The government are very clever pricing it it litres too, . . . it doesn't look as bad as if it was priced in gallons, . . a gallon costs £5.59 . . . when I started driving super grade petrol was 25 pence a gallon.
The price was 114.9/ litre when I decided to buy a new car, then the price went to 117.9/litre and continued to rise daily as I ran my full tank of fuel lower.
within 7 days the price went from 114.9 to 120.9 just in time for me to need more fuel.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

Yeah, . . . and for what ? . . . . it's all flaring up again, . . . the Argies are rattling their sabres yet again, . . . didn't they get enough the first time in '82 ? . . . . oil reserves in the waters off the Falklands could be bigger than Saudi, . . . . . . oooooerr! what have I done, . . . the bankers will be down there with Black and Decker drills next week, . . . big Gordie will pay off the national debt, . . . we'll all get tax rebates, . . . . I've got all excited now, someone give me a dig in the ribs please.
susieq
New Member!
South Wales
susieq is female 

17-04-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It's £1.14 here in Cardiff - rip off!!!
Where in Cardiff is that? I need to fill up tomorrow, I'm in Cardiff too and Tesco in Western Ave is 119.9 and Asda at Pontprennau is 118.9.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 01:11 AM

Hope this is a comfort to you - because here in oil-producing Norway we pay almost GBP 1.50 pr litre (NOK 13,20).
Maybe we can just look at it as climate-friendly prices!!!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 07:47 PM

Spare a thought for me. I am a district nurse and HAVE to drive to care for my patients. I get no more allowance than I did when it was 80 odd pence a litre. I am paying to work.

I cover quite a large area too!
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2010, 05:41 AM

You should join a strong union then.. Someon really speaking up for you...
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

21-04-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
Spare a thought for me. I am a district nurse and HAVE to drive to care for my patients. I get no more allowance than I did when it was 80 odd pence a litre. I am paying to work.

I cover quite a large area too!
Charge for the longer distance to someone home but use the shortest.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

21-04-2010, 07:46 AM

I have solved the reason for rising fuel prices.
As the temperature rises daily so does the cost of fuel, I wonder if the reverse will happen when the weather gets colder!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top