Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:18 AM

Re: Duvets or Sheets and Blankets?

I use Egyptian cotton sheets and blankets - topped off with a throw.

I went through the Duvet experience with Tony many years ago. He hated it so much. After two weeks of persevering I had to give in and put back the blankets.

A man needs to be comfortable in his own bed and personally I don't mind either way.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:25 AM

We were given a duvet when we married in 1969, I would never want to go back to sheets and blankets I hate the feeling of being tucked in.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We were given a duvet when we married in 1969, I would never want to go back to sheets and blankets I hate the feeling of being tucked in.
Who says you have to tuck blankets in?

I don't. I leave them hanging down the side & bottom. I can easily stick my leg out of bed if I want and another advantage is - if we feel slightly too warm we just throw one of the blankets off.

With a Duvet it's all or nothing.

Like I said - I'm not bothered either way but Tony loves his blankets.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I use Egyptian cotton sheets and blankets - topped off with a throw.

I went through the Duvet experience with Tony many years ago. He hated it so much. After two weeks of persevering I had to give in and put back the blankets.

A man needs to be comfortable in his own bed and personally I don't mind either way.
Just think, all those years having to wash multiple sheets, I hope Tony doesn't have a Quilt Complex.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Who says you have to tuck blankets in?

I don't. I leave them hanging down the side & bottom. I can easily stick my leg out of bed if I want and another advantage is - if we feel slightly too warm we just throw one of the blankets off.

With a Duvet it's all or nothing.

Like I said - I'm not bothered either way but Tony loves his blankets.

I can't bear the weight of blankets, it is much easier to kick a duvet on and off all night as I do.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

14-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just think, all those years having to wash multiple sheets, I hope Tony doesn't have a Quilt Complex.
I know - I make work for myself.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 08:57 AM

It took me ages to change from sheets and blankets to duvets.
I love to be tucked in as l get cold otherwise. Or, maybe it was because my mother used to tuck me in every night, pushing the blankets and eiderdown well into my back!
It would be being old fash to revert back to sheets and blankets!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

14-05-2017, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It took me ages to change from sheets and blankets to duvets.
I love to be tucked in as l get cold otherwise. Or, maybe it was because my mother used to tuck me in every night, pushing the blankets and eiderdown well into my back!
It would be being old fash to revert back to sheets and blankets!
I hated being tucked in, even as a child.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hated being tucked in, even as a child.
I think, when my mother tucked me in, it made me feel loved, cosy and secure!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Duvets (summer or winter tog) and cotton sheets here

It took us a couple of weeks to get used to the duvets but would never return to blankets again.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top