Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Re: Spider-proof sheds

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Useless if you go into the shed and leave the door open. What a waste of cash.

That's the same as I thought, too Doc.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 07:57 PM

I have spiders in me shed and I wouldn't be without them, any stray fly who pops in during the day has had it, my spiders mind their own business and always stay out of sight when I'm working there, yes they are very considerate and polite, all they're short of saying is "Good morning Jem we're off now to leave you to work in peace" I have spiders of quality in my shed, plus they have always been very lucky creatures for me.
I don’t forget to reward them for their loyalty, I have pinups of naked female spiders for the males, and beefy male spiders for the females and those who can’t make up their mind. I leave the door open every so often to let their dinner fly in, they really appreciate that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have spiders in me shed and I wouldn't be without them, any stray fly who pops in during the day has had it, my spiders mind their own business and always stay out of sight when I'm working there, yes they are very considerate and polite, all they're short of saying is "Good morning Jem we're off now to leave you to work in peace" I have spiders of quality in my shed, plus they have always been very lucky creatures for me.
I don’t forget to reward them for their loyalty, I have pinups of naked female spiders for the males, and beefy male spiders for the females and those who can’t make up their mind. I leave the door open every so often to let their dinner fly in, they really appreciate that.

I think you've spent too much time locked in your shed, Jem.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 04:39 PM

What about conkers ? they are supposed to repel spiders.

I was bonkersly terrified of spiders (learned behaviour from Mum).
Not great with them now but, usually, things are manageable *looks shifty*

As a twelve year old, I spent one holiday with parents near Bigbury on Sea ... yikes.
The chalet was infested with spiders !!!

Dad bought stuff to get rid of them but it made the situation worse
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 05:54 PM

I used to have a real horror of spiders until my children came along and they were even worse than me, and still are, but it completely cured me, I don't in the least mind them any more, I had one that lived behind my bathroom hand basin, and would come out at night, but I haven't seen it in a while. Either it's died from lack of food, or gone to pastures new.
The shed I bought last year is a Tiger Shed, but not a spider free one. Though I can't say I've ever seen one there.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[/B]

I think you've spent too much time locked in your shed, Jem.
Actually Mups, when I read your first post about these sheds, my immediate thought was " If they are so spider proof I wonder how long the air would last in them, if the owner got accidentally locked in"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 02:19 PM

A company called 'Tiger Sheds' reckons they have made the world's first' spider-proof' shed.

Apparently they discovered that 25% of Brits are too scared to venture into their sheds due to arachnophobia, so they have designed this special shed.
All joints are silicone sealed, it has airtight windows with toughened glass, and an air-tight door with a special seal that prevents creepy crawlies from getting in.
The interiors are lined with a special 'spider repellent lining paper, and it is has a sky blue exterior because they say it is a colour which repels spiders.
With a heavy duty polyester-backed felt roof and a fun "No Spiders" sign on the front door, the shed is complete.

If this appeals to you, all you've got to do is fork out £1,999 and it's yours!!

I still think I would rather have the spiders, Mups !!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Actually Mups, when I read your first post about these sheds, my immediate thought was " If they are so spider proof I wonder how long the air would last in them, if the owner got accidentally locked in"
I wish you had had one when you locked me in yours Twink.

Personally I don't mind spiders. well apart from those on the web anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i wish you had had one when you locked me in yours twink.

Personally i don't mind spiders. Well apart from those on the web anyway.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:56 PM

A company called 'Tiger Sheds' reckons they have made the world's first' spider-proof' shed.

Apparently they discovered that 25% of Brits are too scared to venture into their sheds due to arachnophobia, so they have designed this special shed.
All joints are silicone sealed, it has airtight windows with toughened glass, and an air-tight door with a special seal that prevents creepy crawlies from getting in.
The interiors are lined with a special 'spider repellent lining paper, and it is has a sky blue exterior because they say it is a colour which repels spiders.
With a heavy duty polyester-backed felt roof and a fun "No Spiders" sign on the front door, the shed is complete.

If this appeals to you, all you've got to do is fork out £1,999 and it's yours!!
I need one. Haven't been in our shed for months. There are spiders everywhere, most I can bear, but one particularly large & hairy house spider lurks in her web all over the window sill & in the curtains each side. She freaks me out.
It was probably my fault there are so many, as each time one got into the house it would be banished to the bottom of the garden & those have taken up residence in the shed & bred there.
If I ever pluck up courage to sort said shed out. I think I'll paint all the walls blue.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top