Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Re: Big Cat Diary

Never watched the nightime programmes .....
I've yet to see an animal in the wild kill its young - seen 'many' programmes - maybe one day ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Re: Big Cat Diary

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Never watched the nightime programmes .....
I've yet to see an animal in the wild kill its young - seen 'many' programmes - maybe one day ......

I'm still inclined to think the reason is often stress of some sort. I bred dogs for best part of 30 years, and I always kept my other dogs well away from a newly whelped Mum and her pups, even though I knew they were only curious and would never have hurt anything. I have heard other stories of dogs killing their newborns if they think there is danger.
I feel Mothers need time to recover, and time get to know the pups herself first, then after 3 or 4 weeks they didn't mind the others having a peep.
Funny thing is, I never once had a bitch give birth without me being with her, they always came to find me when they were starting, and I felt it a priviledge to be trusted so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top