Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 03:50 AM

Re: How many tabs do you have open?

I have 15 open.
• Here.
• Youtube for background music - but louder than background.
• Got a movie buffering on another site.
• A gardening site.
• AVM survivors.org - always checking to see if there's anything new.
• My website - the editing part and the public part ... http://www.wordsandphrasesfromthepast.com/
• the rest are all word/dictionary/etymology sites doing research for the above.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:11 AM

never more than 3 but usually just 1.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:19 AM

If it's more than two, it's because I've clicked the box, whilst intending to click the X, when closing one down.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:41 AM

two
one for email
one for forums
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:48 AM

Tabs are cheating, you should learn notation the old fashioned way.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Outlook, Amazon & This one 3 atmo
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 09:50 AM

Just one at a time, this computer is so slow I sometimes fall asleep while waiting for a page to refresh.....I never open youtube there's so much buffering, and I very rarely open links, lifes too short.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 09:56 AM

I always end up with about twenty open and sometimes have to cull some in order to see what's going on.

I find that if I close the lap top but leave the tabs active, it's really slow when I open it again; particularly news sites which tend to freeze.

Interestingly, now I have mastered the art of posting pics, I find it easier to have two OFF tabs open and work between the two
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 10:02 AM

It depends on how much RAM is available in the computer but more tabs open means more memory used by the browser. Not much difference might be noticed through having lots of tabs open but if the computer starts to run a bit slowly, or misbehaves in some other way, it might be worth closing a few tabs down. This will free up memory so that other tasks can use it. Other tasks are not only programs that might be open but also includes the amount of memory needed for the OS itself to run optimally.

I usually run with a couple of tabs open. Above 5 and I'll consider closing some down.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I have just had a,quick look at your trewelm website. Looks like an interesting read. Just put it on bookmarks to read
Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top