Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Re: 60 years of Eurovision

I think the fact that its very OTT has put me off
Every show now has gone down the X Factor route and I find that a turn off ...............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=Anita;657176

The voting is also a bit tedious and I got a bit fed up of Conchita and her beard being very OTT with the performers.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with that Anita, but I was more than 'a bit' fed up with her/him. Is he/she really male with sexual identification difficulties, or a female with problems?
Either way, there must be very many more people who are trans-gender, but they don't make an exhibition of themselves like that one does. Sorry - but I don't like it.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:18 AM

I have absolutely no problem with people of any orientation, trans gender or just cross dressing etc.
what was getting a little tiresome was the gushing praise and love being heaped on everyone's head, it's not very European, much more American to be so OTT in constantly telling everyone how fantastically amazing they are but then the whole show is very OTT and camp and that how it goes.
It's an amusing spectacle but glad it's only once a year, as for where you are placed it matters not one jot, winning it is most likely no guarantee of a career for the winner.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:22 AM

I think you have to get Conchita to appreciate the performance, the gushing praise is part of the persona he wants everyone to be accepted and loved for what/who they are and the winning of Eurovision made him feel very accepted so he is trying to spread the love as it were.
Personally I could never tire of him but I can see how it could be tedious for others.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:38 AM

It's not the trans-gender bit that's the problem, its the way he exaggerates it, flaunts it and uses it, he is far too OTT for me, that's what gets on my wick. I don't care for exhibitionists, whether they are male or female, or anything else in between.

How far do you honestly think he would have got just on talent, if he had dressed 'normally' and been judged on just his singing?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's not the trans-gender bit that's the problem, its the way he exaggerates it, flaunts it and uses it, he is far too OTT for me, that's what gets on my wick. I don't care for exhibitionists, whether they are male or female, or anything else in between.

How far do you honestly think he would have got just on talent, if he had dressed 'normally' and been judged on just his singing?
That's what I mean really I have been around so many OTT characters at gay pride etc I have come to love them. Sort of inoculated against OTTness.

I think his voice is great and his song was wonderful I like to think he could make it with or without the OTTness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-05-2015, 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;657216]That's what I mean really I have been around so many OTT characters at gay pride etc I have come to love them. Sort of inoculated against OTTness.

I think his voice is great and his song was wonderful I like to think he could make it with or without the OTTness.QUOTE]

I wonder if he thought the same though?

Nah, sorry, not for me Julie, but each to their own.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:53 PM

I came across a little article about the British entry this evening when I was 'surfing' ......

Anyway something there I didn't know, Bianca Nicholas who is the girl in Electro Velvet has cystic fibrosis and related diabetes.
She has a life of medication and physio and things to help her breathe, she has always loved singing and was a contestant in 'The Voice'.
She is only in her early 20's but sadly cystic fibrosis sufferers rarely live beyond early 40's and used to pass away much earlier before recent medical advances
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I came across a little article about the British entry this evening when I was 'surfing' ......

Anyway something there I didn't know, Bianca Nicholas who is the girl in Electro Velvet has cystic fibrosis and related diabetes.
She has a life of medication and physio and things to help her breathe, she has always loved singing and was a contestant in 'The Voice'.
She is only in her early 20's but sadly cystic fibrosis sufferers rarely live beyond early 40's and used to pass away much earlier before recent medical advances
Gosh, I never knew that
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-05-2015, 10:02 PM

They talked about it a lot in the run up to the Eurovision show and mentioned it on the night. There was a documentary on the disease in the weeks coming up to the show and she was interviewed for it.
I think she hoped it would help educate people about it.
Certainly learned a bit myself.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top