Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Re: Kindle

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
But will it survive in my pocket along with a slobbery Ball and some soggy dog biscuits on our daily hike across Essex? I doubt it, somehow.
You don't need advise you need help! LOL
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
If you have a laptop or netbook there's a free software application from Amazon.com called Kindle For PC that allows computer users to read Kindle formatted books. Kindle books are nearly half the price of the same books in paper form and you save a tree.
But I can't see me reading from my laptop while sitting outside. Think I'll be treating myself to a place on the Amazon waiting list for a Kindle...
Barbara
New Member!
USA
Barbara is female 

26-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Manybooks.net has ebooks free of charge. I download from there to my computer, then transfer to the Kindle. The books are old and in the public domain....nothing contemporary there though.

My one disappointment with the Kindle has been that I have to drive 20 miles to download anything directly. I researched the coverage area map and thought I was covered. But it's simple enough to download to the computer first. Amazon shouldn't have my area on the coverage map though.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 12:23 PM

That is my Wife's Christmas present sorted, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top