Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Re: Fur Farms

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I didn't watch it, furs look good on animals not humans (although I do wear leather shoes)

I don't like fake fur either or anything 'fake'. Wool is good enough for me.

I agree Meg. And at least they don't have to kill a sheep to get it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 06:20 PM

I'm glad I didn't know it was on, probably wouldn't have watched it anyway.
Fleeces are warm and cosy, no need for fur anymore.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A nice, in my opinion, video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnz0yycrNsw

They treat animals with great respect, only taking from nature what they need and nothing is wasted.

We could learn a lot from them.
Sorry SF. I can't view youtube at the moment. I don't want to sign their privacy agreement.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A nice, in my opinion, video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnz0yycrNsw

They treat animals with great respect, only taking from nature what they need and nothing is wasted.

We could learn a lot from them.
what was showing was thousands of open gages with no shelter from wind and snow. animals being kept in horrendous conditions ,just for there fur ...sickening
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
the trouble is most of fur sold as faux fur is real fur...
I donīt have anything with faux fur either, only the fleece type.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:55 AM

I'm a volunteer at our local RSPCA so I see enough pets that are abused. so cant watch anything like that.
I caught something on tv last night about the elephants in their thousands still being poached for their ivory.
they said in a couple of decades they'd be no elephants left. how sad is that?

wouldn't you think, that they would be able to saw the tusks or deface them in some way, so that they would be worthless to the poachers, what do you think?
P.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 10:29 AM

Or better still, deface the poachers.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:02 PM

I cannot get over the cruelty inflicted on animals by the human race....and I can see it getting worse as the human population increases ..I reckon unless we change we will be the death of this planet ..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Some people are evil beyond belief. I was at a local rescue centre this afternoon and was shown photos of some kittens that had been rescued from somewhere in the UK. The fur on the front of the kittens had been dyed different colours and were to be used for dog fighting. Evidently the "creatures", I can't call them human, bet on the different colours as to which kitten will last the longest. Evil beyond belief.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
what was showing was thousands of open gages with no shelter from wind and snow. animals being kept in horrendous conditions ,just for there fur ...sickening
Hi

I know, I watched it, however what is your point?

Indigenous people do not own the Fur Farms, rich people do.

Are you suggesting that the indigenous tribes should be forcibly removed?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top