Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 10:10 AM

Re: Why are people cruel ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Julie I do look at people who are cruel to the defenceless as the bottom of the muck heap .
Perhaps if you read my post correctly instead of jumping at the chance to take a quick dig at me you would get the correct understanding .
I don't look at carers perse as the bottom of the muck heap many are amazingly kind and compassionate .i know I couldn't do their work as they do and I think they should have a good wage for their difficult profession .
Please don't start that again I wasn't digging at you, many people see carers cleaners etc as bottom of the muck heap and don't value them at all. If you could stop seeing every post as personal dig at you perhaps we could have decent discussions.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Julie we could have decent discussions if you didn't always have to make holier than though digs all the time followed up by the 'making things personal whine ' .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 10:33 AM

I said when I came back I wasn't getting into this sort of thing so I will bow out and leave you to it muddy you seem to have a real problem with anything I say so I will stop responding.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:40 AM

I think cruelty has a lot to do with the perpetrator, lack of self worth and such stuff. But also when,for whatever reason, one loses respect for other creatures. I cannot put behind me the things I have done-they may have been `just rats` but it was me who put them in a gas chamber. It was a long time a go but those memories still haunt me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:59 AM

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is all well and good, until you come across someone who has never cared what was done unto them, all the training in the world will not effect their take on existence, nor whatever the hourly rate for that matter.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 01:08 PM

In the UK The Government treats Carers like rubbish
They are paid the minimum wage and often can spend only 15 minutes with each person
Yet they hand out Foreign Aid to corupt Countries where they admit that know that a great deal of money is stolen and yet still increase this at annually.
These corrupt Countries must be laughing their socks off.

Contrast this with Swiss Carers. Their salary is £18.00+ per hour, yet the cost of living is not 2.5 times higher than the UK.
Carers there are treated with respect and looked up to.

The Exams both Written and Oral are very strict and include hours of study. If you do not pass you will not be allowed anywhere near a person requiring attention, and you are constantly monitored annually

If necessary, you can spend two hours with each person helping where required giving
Medication, Bathing , Washing and drying Hair, Cook light meals, Hoover, Iron and Dust and take to the Shops as well.
They have to pass a special test of all Medication given and make sure it is the right dose is taken

My daughter married to a Swiss man lives in Switzerland and is a fully qualified Carer
She loves her job and her charges look forward to her visits, many of whom who live on high mountains
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
In the UK The Government treats Carers like rubbish
They are paid the minimum wage and often can spend only 15 minutes with each person
Yet they hand out Foreign Aid to corupt Countries where they admit that know that a great deal of money is stolen and yet still increase this at annually.
These corrupt Countries must be laughing their socks off.

Contrast this with Swiss Carers. Their salary is £18.00+ per hour, yet the cost of living is not 2.5 times higher than the UK.
Carers there are treated with respect and looked up to.

The Exams both Written and Oral are very strict and include hours of study. If you do not pass you will not be allowed anywhere near a person requiring attention, and you are constantly monitored annually

If necessary, you can spend two hours with each person helping where required giving
Medication, Bathing , Washing and drying Hair, Cook light meals, Hoover, Iron and Dust and take to the Shops as well.
They have to pass a special test of all Medication given and make sure it is the right dose is taken

My daughter married to a Swiss man lives in Switzerland and is a fully qualified Carer
She loves her job and her charges look forward to her visits, many of whom who live on high mountains
That's a brilliant example. Something we should aspire to, guess we won't though as profit is king in uk.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Cruelty is part of human nature, I suppose.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Cruelty is a part of some people's nature. I definitely would not say a part of human nature.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Cruelty is a part of some people's nature. I definitely would not say a part of human nature.
Well I would, I think we all have the capacity to be cruel, but fortunately most of us try to keep it under control.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top