Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 10:49 PM

Re: Early morning mist in the Lakes

Lovely pictures Marian The low mist does give it an eerie feeling
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:00 PM

Thanks Merz and no the mist and fog didn't put Bonnie off from her usual paddle. Actually in her younger days the minute she smelt water she would take off and just go and stand in it, she's always been a water babe
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Lovely pictures Marian The low mist does give it an eerie feeling
Thanks Carmen, yes the fog does give it an eerie feeling, when I first got there it was very foggy and when I left it was clearing nicely. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 01:09 AM

You know Marian, I'd love nothing better than to take a leisurely stroll in places like that, with hardly a soul around, but these days I'm too afraid that I'd encounter a madman with an axe or something!

This all stems from when I was around 11 yrs of age and I used to take our family dog for a walk through some lovely woods, near where we lived, and there was a man 'flashing' at me, which scared me. Then when I was in my mid 20's, taking my baby daughter for a walk in her pram in a lovely park/woodland, I encountered another 'flasher'! Now that has put me off from walking anywhere secluded on my own, and it annoys me that it has come to this.
marpaul
North Cumbria

07-11-2011, 01:34 AM

Oh my goodness Carmen, that's enough to put anybody off walking on their own. I've only ever walked with dog/s and don't think I'd want to walk on my own as there are some weird people out there as you know!!

Having said that I do walk regularly in some local woods and rarely see anybody but if I see a man on his own then I am on my guard and have had one or two scary moments mainly due to my over active imagination
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

07-11-2011, 01:49 AM

Exactly! It's come to that - over-active imagination.....but then if we didn't have that, we wouldn't be on our guard. And yes, unfortunately, there are some very weird people out there.

It just makes me sad/mad that I feel I can't have the freedom to walk where I choose, on my own, without worrying about who is out there!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 02:34 AM

there are lovley phtos
marpaul
North Cumbria

11-11-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanks Pixie
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 08:07 PM

Beautiful photos, Marian, and so spooky.
marpaul
North Cumbria

12-11-2011, 01:30 AM

Thanks Mollie, glad you liked the photos.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top