Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Re: Are Ex-Pats Going To Get Their Covid-19 Vaccinations?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t think Art I don’t think the Spanish would treat them any differently but they haven’t even got around to the older people yet as far as I know.
Oh, that’s good then, Muddy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
They will get their vaccinations like the rest of Spain will.

That would be highly irregular. I bet she didn't vote brexit.

No, both of them didn’t! I think she was annoyed that the rest of us did!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Didn't they research how medical treatment in Spain would be effected by Brexit? Under EU rules, ex-pats were entitled to treatment but this is unlikely to apply after Brexit.
Lindyloo, If they did, she didn’t say.

They are in a catch 22 situation that the value of property has reduced in Spain and properties are harder to sell.
I don’t think, they could afford to come back and in the present situation, it would be extremely difficult.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2021, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I shall get my shot the same as any other Australian resident in the over 65 group (after healthcare and other frontline workers) when it becomes available.

Don't you worry about that.
That’s good, Bruce. I hope you don’t have to wait too long. I bet you have your shirtsleeve all rolled up ready as we speak!

Do you know which vaccine they are using in Australia?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought British immigrants into the EU would be treated the same as EU immigrants into the Uk. Some friends have had to apply for citizenship or else end up stateless. Not sure how that works in Spain but there will be no certainty after Brexit as different countries will have different rules particularly when it comes to free healthcare.
Annie, l suppose they will have to wait and see how it affects them medically when Brexit rulings are sorted in Spain.
They both do have Spanish citizenship.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, l suppose they will have to wait and see how it affects them medically when Brexit rulings are sorted in Spain.
That last bit is the important bit.
As Spanish citizens they should be entitled to the same treatment as any other Spaniard.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That last bit is the important bit.
As Spanish citizens they should be entitled to the same treatment as any other Spaniard.

Zaphod, That sounds promising!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:47 PM

That’s good, Bruce. I hope you don’t have to wait too long. I bet you have your shirtsleeve all rolled up ready as we speak!

Do you know which vaccine they are using in Australia?
The Australian government funded and got contracts with Pfizer, AstraZenica and Moderna at the beginning of the pandemic. I think we have contracts for 10 million doses of Pfizer and 50 million of of each of the AZ and Moderna vaccine.

The roll out of vaccines wasn't supposed to happen until March but it has been brought forward to February according to our health minister. The AZ vaccine can be made in Australia not sure about the Moderna, Pfizer is coming from Europe.

Only the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use so far.

I will eventually get the vaccine but no rush, there have been no cases in Australia for 13 days and while it can spring up anywhere at anytime the state governments lock down and close borders almost instantly - too instantly some argue.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:31 AM

If they have Spanish citizenship then surely they would be ok and in line to receive vaccines at the same time as other Spanish nationals? I say that but I know that the Spanish haven't always been that fair when it comes to Brits settled there. But I hope that it is a different matter when it comes to health.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:34 AM

I read / heard that if you go abroad the reciprocal agreements still apply in EU countries. But vaccinations are not part of treatment covered as standard.

On a separate topic I think it's disgraceful that the EU are bickering over the vaccine availability and using Brexit as a tool to try to block our access.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top