Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: Ipad battery not lasting long

Originally Posted by islandman ->
Jazzi, yes, it is frustrating if you forget to keep an eye on the state of the battery then discover it is very low just when you need it, that's why I was shocked when mine showed red. As for apps that run in the background, I've never been sure which should and which shouldn't. It's the same I suppose with laptop's. When folk say their laptop takes ages to get going, people ask if there are any programs in the background that could be delayed, but I for one don't know which can and which can't.
As Wrinkly says, simply double click the home buttom, press on the first app till they all wobble, then just click on all the Xs till they all disappear. With my iPhone I have to flick them upwards, and I leave the home screen App running, that's all.

I have an Acer tablet and those Apps DO confuse me. Which ones to close? That tablet runs out in no time so I really need to get to grips with it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:07 AM

I always put my iPad on charge every morning even if it is down a bit.
I took it off charge about 10.00 this morning, and have been using it since then. It is showing 98% now.
I again plug in the charger whilst watching a film on it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:36 AM

Mine lasts about 12 hours but I don't watch films Skype etc on it which runs it down very quickly.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I always put my iPad on charge every morning even if it is down a bit.
I took it off charge about 10.00 this morning, and have been using it since then. It is showing 98% now.
I again plug in the charger whilst watching a film on it.
You shouldn't use them for too long whilst charging and only charge when the battery is very low, say 10%.

Overcharging knackers the battery.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I have had my !pad 5 years and haven't had any problems, except it takes longer to charge than it used to.
I know using Skype and Facetime it can run it down very quickly.
I always double click the button when I have finished to flip up apps that might be running in the back ground, and every so often I run the battery completely down before charging, this as always worked for me.
Me and my big mouth, now I have problems with the switch.
Probably want more to repair than it is worth.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You shouldn't use them for too long whilst charging and only charge when the battery is very low, say 10%.

Overcharging knackers the battery.
You can't overcharge the iPad. It has a cutoff when charged and it gives a message that it is fully charged if left in the charger.
I don't know what type of battery is in the iPad but I don't think it has a memory like some older type.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 02:30 PM

No sympathy I'm afraid.

You should have bought a proper netbook. You would have got a proper keyboard with it and good batteries that would last 10+ hours in constant usage. You'd be able to see your hard disk, it's folders, all your files, documents, photos etc and you would have had all the standard sockets that PCs/Laptops have had for may years like USB ports.

iPads are products that take people some years backward in technology but which are marketed as super fresh technology.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

12-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Yea right if you say so Realist. Ho hum..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 03:02 PM

Only an idiot, imo, would buy a "computer" product and then allow the seller to offer the keyboard as an "add-on" at extra cost.

Imagine walking into your car show room and buying a car and when you tried to drive it away you realised there were no wheels and that you need to buy those as extras ! What a hoot !

iPads are the most ridiculous invention of the "naughties" imo. Everything a PC/laptop offered people for years is suddenly locked away with an iPad. Hell I can't even walk up to an iPad user with a basic USB stick on which I have say a PDF document and plug that in so they can take a copy of it. How utterly ridiculous.

Ah but of course I could take MBs of documents or photos and send them whizzing from my PC into the cyberworld via email for example and the the poor iPad user can log into his/her email and download them from there ! It is laughable.

Imagine Currys selling you a DVD player so you can watch DVD films. Then I turn up to your house with this great DVD I want us to watch and you say:

"Ah . . . well. ... actually it doesn't have an actual DVD Drive, but if you upload your DVD content using your PC and email it to me then I can download it and then we can watch it"

But I have the film right here, right now, here in the same room as you. How come you can't use the DVD?"

It is a farcical situation but by spending $billions on media marketing they have convinced millions of saps that iPads are a good product.

There is truly one born every minute.

No USB port . . . . just lols!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
You can't overcharge the iPad. It has a cutoff when charged and it gives a message that it is fully charged if left in the charger.
I don't know what type of battery is in the iPad but I don't think it has a memory like some older type.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

By over charging I meant charging too often and whilst you use it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top