Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-03-2013, 03:38 PM

Re: Chatting

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
I just talk too much - to myself, or my parrots, or Loki At least I get no back-chat from them!

Hate Kilroy-Silk - if he was a bar of chocolate, he would eat himself!

Must have been interesting meeting him though, Willow!!
I don't know interesting is the word, I would use, he is so highly unpleasant. I have met quite a number of well known people whom I would describe as interesting though, and most of them were pleasant with it.
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Many thanks for your comments folks. Perhaps a compliment wasn't the correct word; I don't interupt people, or rabbit on endlessly, I listen to them, and show my interest to everyone. Even so, if someone else is making a point a respondent will nearly always include me in their eye contact for a comparitively long period. I don't have favourites, I share my eye contact with every one. Which is what I was commenting on regards chat shows. I quite like Graham Norton's chat show but he does have his favourites, chatting and replying to the same person.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Bit difficult on here U J to get eye contact, too many of them! maybe, but wish there were many more chatting
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Graham - where you live sounds so wonderful....
Have you travelled much....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:32 AM

My wife goes to the local village hall on a Saturday afternoon, there are aboyt half a dozen ladies there, bit of knitting , sewing etc. two Ladies talk virtually non stop, neither listening to what the other one has said, nor to what any one else says, if they get the chance.
Listening is a great thing to do , you can learn so much about people and their lives, but there is a point when they should shut up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:34 AM

Ha-ha.... So right Graham
Norway
i

09-03-2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Graham - where you live sounds so wonderful....
Have you travelled much....
Pat, not traveled much in Norway since we came to live here, it is so beautiful where we live that we never want or need to go anywhere else. That's probably wrong, as there is so much beauty here, there is a different view every time you turn a corner
Here you are spoilt for choice on beauty spots, and never many people .Even the most popular spots, you can sometimes be the only people there.
We have to pinch ourselves sometimes to believe that we are here, in a spot that would sell for couple of million pounds in the U k, also with enough room and planning permission to build another house right up by the weaterfall and mountain river not that we want to, we are just so happy to be here, even though the winter does go on for a long time..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 05:24 PM

I thought that would be your answer Graham, once you have found Heaven, why bother.. Did you holiday there and decide to settle... you made a wise choice, in recent years I've longed to go there... would suit me perfectly.... ah well...
Norway
i

09-03-2013, 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=Pats CG;245104]I thought that would be your answer Graham, once you have found Heaven, why bother.. Did you holiday there and decide to settle... you made a wise choice, in recent years I've longed to go there... would suit me perfectly.... ah well...[/QUOT

yes pat we came on holiday here for 30 years before finally settling here, so we did know what we were coming to and knew most of the systems etc. Would you believe i still dont speak Norwegian, Idle Man! my wife speaks it fluently , so i have been lazy.I do manage to communicate to a certain extent, but my neighbour speaks no English, so there are is a lot of hand waving between us. He is 69 so we are of the same era.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have no idea why they talk to you most Uncle Mo Perhaps you have an engaging voice and personality

People talk me a lot in these situations. I don't think it is a compliment though but due to the fact I tend to talk a lot more than most people and have opinions on many things

I though on chat shows equal time was allocated to each guest, if not perhaps some are like me and talk too much
Ha! Ha!....sounds like me. Think I am like this is these situations because OH is the direct opposite and can easily go all day without saying anything.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top