Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 02:47 AM

Re: My very first plaster cast - at the age of 60!

Codeine does that to me too. Fortunately I love chocolate-covered prunes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Ewwww!!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 10:34 PM

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index....138/Recipe.cfm

They're delicious! Just don't over-indulge.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 11:43 PM

They look lovely Annie-Jack I could eat them now

I hope you're wrist gets better soon Janet, nothing worse than pain. Get well soon.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 01:55 PM

OUCH! Have done the same and bone pain is worse than having a baby!
For pain relief take an anti inflammatory alongside the 1G of paracetamol (you can take together), that will help.

Best tip is use your feet too! Good Luck!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Soul DJ, I am taking a lot of paracetamols (though none needed today!), but I already take anti inflammatorys for my arthritis, and have to say they make no difference to the pain!

Because the fracture is on the underside of my wrist I don't know where to rest my arm! Hate using the sling so just try to keep my arm in the air.

Thanks for all your good wishes. X
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 10:43 PM

I hope your fracture heals quickly Jazzi. I've had both hands trussed up like boxing gloves after operations on my thumbs, both of which suffered a weird complaint of bones managing to displace themselves. I got really good at being one handed, mind you it was quite a challenge when they did my right thumb. I found it easier to use the bath rather than the shower because I could sit with my hand hanging over the edge of the bath.

Last year when I smashed my shoulder and arm, I found things rather more challenging but I devised some strange ways of putting my contact lenses in, getting dressed, doing one armed housework etc. I think I coped really well most of the time but I did need food cutting up for me. Getting undressed was the biggest challenge, still is, because my arm simply won't go into certain positions and I end up getting stuck. You might find resting your wrist in the sling more comfortable if you put some nice soft foam or padding inside where your wrist rests. I hope you are more comfortable soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-04-2013, 03:27 PM

clumsy, it's around the neck that I feel uncomfy with the sling. Off to fracture clinic tomorrow...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Good luck at the fracture clinic tomorrow Janet
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Good luck at the fracture clinic tomorrow Janet
Thank you!

xx

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top