Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Re: Weight loss thread

I often get what my aunt used to call 'nice hungry' when I am not really hungry but at a loose end and fancy something nice .
I used to turn to the home make cheesy bread sticks and biscuits in the freezer which I make for the children and also ate the dried fruit and cherries in the store cupboard .

Now I will have a carrot or celery stick from the little pot I prepare in the morning or a few almonds which apparently in spite of their fat content don't add much to your weight because they are 'just passing through'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 03:39 PM

I am finding if I get up and do something, clean something or go for a walk or sew, anything really that hunger goes away. Also I drink far more water than I ever have a glass of water can stave off hunger quite nicely.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am finding if I get up and do something, clean something or go for a walk or sew, anything really that hunger goes away. Also I drink far more water than I ever have a glass of water can stave off hunger quite nicely.
Julie I do that in the daytime but in the evenings I am too tired particularly if I have had little Hannah for 9 hours, I don't have the energy of a young woman anymore.
These are the 'dangerous' times for me when I look for something nice to eat.
I guess I am lucky really because sweets and chocolate don't bother me and I love fruit/vegetables/shelled nuts and can snack on those but they are still adding to the daily total.

Not a fan of water I do drink it with a slice of lemon and ice to give it 'a bit of something'' to make me feel less hungry though I am not really hungry just wanting to eat something
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 03:57 PM

I guess I am lucky I work evenings so the chance to sit and snack just isn't there. Afternoons are my problem so a walk is quite good, also dogs enjoy it and when I have little Grace she loves walking the dogs so off we go.

If I do succumb to a snack I like a carrot or a cup of cadburys highlight hot chocolate. Both fairly low in calories and both sweet.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 05:09 PM

Well done Julie, that's fantastic loss.

I weigh 10st, but I would like to lose just one stone, but it doesn't matter how many diets I have been on, my weight never changes, the Doctors says it's because i'm on Insulin and that I won't lose that spare tyre, but I would still like to try.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2013, 06:06 PM

I think the less you have to lose the harder it is too, when I started I was losing 3lb a week, down to 1 or 2 lb now and haven't changed what I eat. Need to up the exercise I guess !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not in this neck of the woods Julie - if I get the munchies, nothing but nothing will satisfy me but food!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2013, 07:12 PM

UJ please, I did ask nicely in the original post only encouragement in this thread if you want to eat then fine, some of us cannot afford to throw our lives away so easily.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 08:07 PM

I try not to eat bread, I will have crispbread instead.

I only eat Chicken or Pork, loads of vegetables. I am not the one for Puddings or Cakes, and I have cut out on sweets and crisps. I do however eat Toasted Tea Cake for supper.

Fruit I have to be careful what I eat because of my Diabetes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2013, 08:47 PM

I have managed to cut down my bread from lovely fresh home made to just two slices of sainsburys wholewheat a day, no potatoes, rice or pasta.

No sugar.

Luckily I guess I am allergic to fruit so I don't eat that anyway.

It has amazed me how quickly I got used to not having the carbs, and once cut out all my cravings for sweet things and potatoes went away.

Diabetic nurse keeps telling me I should have 1/3rd carbs per meal as the NHS says but I reckon if this regime has stopped the diabetes in it's tracks for me it's better than what the NHS says I should do.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top