Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Re: Meet Harvey Moon

No imagination some people we changed our royal blue sofa for one Mollie's blonde hair wouldn't show so badly on. Where there's a will there's a way I always think.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Meh... too much time on her hands and seeking attention. So long as the pup isn't harmed, and she loves and cares for him.. who cares?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 06:23 PM

I think like most of you on this thread but, I will say this: When Floyd, my little dog has his hair cut, usually a schnauzer or puppy-face cut, very short; he changes character for a while. He shows off, gets very lively and poses a lot! (and he refers to me as "memsahib!)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:10 PM

Interesting responses. I think quite differently to most on this thread. I think what she is doing is wrong - she is, imo, treating the dog like a fashion accessory when he is a living, breathing animal who deserves to be shown more respect that making him look like a fool.

My dogs also go very hyper when they've had their fur cut but it generally only lasts about a day and then their original personality returns. It probably just feels nice to have all that excess fur removed, bit like us having our hair cut.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Interesting responses. I think quite differently to most on this thread. I think what she is doing is wrong - she is, imo, treating the dog like a fashion accessory when he is a living, breathing animal who deserves to be shown more respect that making him look like a fool.

My dogs also go very hyper when they've had their fur cut but it generally only lasts about a day and then their original personality returns. It probably just feels nice to have all that excess fur removed, bit like us having our hair cut.
Totally agree Karen. This woman is using the dog as a fashion accessory. He is a living breathing creature which should be respected and not be made to look stupid.

Stupid woman more like!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 03:01 PM

She may well be doing that but I would ask does that necessarily mean she loves him less ? And with all the cruelty in the world personally I would rather see her do this than some of the things I have seen in my time. Some dogs actually seem to enjoy all the pampering, we have dressed dogs in the past and will continue if Betty enjoy it to do so in the future. Mollie never liked it but as she has aged needs a coat in the winter which she sulks and refuses at first to walk in but she has to wear it or would get too cold.

Old Rosie long coat Chihuahua absolutely loved wearing hats and dresses, she was never happier than dressed up but that would have been wrong for old Katie dog as she detested even a winter coat.

Would I dye them ? no I like natural colours but does it harm them ? no it's not different to bathing them and some dogs love that some don't.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top