Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 01:53 PM

Re: My first love......but woe is me....

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Sorry for your loss Harry. I feel for you after all those years of music.

Hope you will share some of your saved stuff with us.
not to worry......I will no doubt bore you all with my musical preferences....lol.........H
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by HTB ->
not to worry......I will no doubt bore you all with my musical preferences....lol.........H

Bring it on..............
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Bring it on..............
we will see............i challenge you to a duel......your choice of music....................H
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 02:31 PM

That is why I have records, unless my whole house went on fire they are not going to disappear.

Nevertheless I wish you luck in gathering your collection back up again.
HTB
Lanc's

19-04-2014, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
That is why I have records, unless my whole house went on fire they are not going to disappear.

Nevertheless I wish you luck in gathering your collection back up again.
unfortunately, some of my albums are quite recent, and were not produced on vinyl, otherwise, I would be doing exactly the same as you.........H
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Oh dear Harry the wonders of modern technology....
how disheartening.
HTB
Lanc's

19-04-2014, 05:09 PM

Thanks Meg.......no problems, just have to start again.....lol.......H
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by HTB ->
you seriously have to think about it Nom.......what if you unfortunately had a fire.......all lost........my problem was that I should have already had it on my home computer and backed it on the hard drive leaving me with only one copy.....in retrospect I should have backed up, the back up.........., but please do not let my mishap put you off..........some of my music is irreplaceable......luckily I have some hard copies.........H
Problem is Harry my PC / Laptop are right next to my records cd and tapes so if i have a fire the lot would go. I did look into insurance but the costs were phenomenal even for the ordinary stuff, many are collectors items.

Mind you YouTube these days is very good and i can find most of the music i love on there.

Spent many of my younger days mooching around junk shops looking for bargains, harder these days as so many record fairs and on-line sites like Ebay are in on the act.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 09:16 AM

I've never really understood collectors of things, for instance you say you had 3500 albums but how many did you actually listen to, it would probably take the rest of your life to listen to them all back to back so what's the point? OK I can understand keeping a few favorites but why keep them all?

One of my relatives reads lots of books but can never part with them afterwards, consequently every nook, cranny and shelf is stacked with books that have been read once but will never be read again. Personally I don't listen to recorded music anyway, but when I've read a book I just pass it on to someone else to enjoy which seems more more use.

Although to each their own though I guess, but I just can't see the point...
HTB
Lanc's

20-04-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I've never really understood collectors of things, for instance you say you had 3500 albums but how many did you actually listen to, it would probably take the rest of your life to listen to them all back to back so what's the point? OK I can understand keeping a few favorites but why keep them all?

One of my relatives reads lots of books but can never part with them afterwards, consequently every nook, cranny and shelf is stacked with books that have been read once but will never be read again. Personally I don't listen to recorded music anyway, but when I've read a book I just pass it on to someone else to enjoy which seems more more use.

Although to each their own though I guess, but I just can't see the point...
Plantman, as you said everyone to their own.............of the 3500 albums, of which I have not listened to them all, but when a tune catches my ear, unfortunately at times they are part of an album, hence I download the whole album...........getting a lot better these days with "Spotify" and ITunes, but still have to down load albums...........you are generalising though, without actually knowing me, or collectors as a whole..............i look forward too your future posts, so that I too can give an opinionated reply............Have a great Easter.........HTB......

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top