Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 08:21 AM

Re: New Knee

I've just been reading through all the answers again - they're very interesting. I'm so sorry for those of you still in a lot of pain.
It was interesting about the massage and I'm going to start him on it. I do know massage is good for nerve damage and it can't do any harm.
Also for all the other advice & tips I thank you all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've just been reading through all the answers again - they're very interesting. I'm so sorry for those of you still in a lot of pain.
It was interesting about the massage and I'm going to start him on it. I do know massage is good for nerve damage and it can't do any harm.
Also for all the other advice & tips I thank you all.

Carol darlin' nobody else has mentioned it so I will. During wet and cold weather your OH probab;ly suffers even more pain and discomfort (as I do) even high humidity (like now) can cause aggravated pain, so apart from raising the legs on a foot stool, I also use WD40 (yes I know it says on the can not to use on the skin) but it does soak down through the skin and somehow manages to 'lubricate' the joint and thereby ease the pain - honest it does work!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I wondered if anybody on here has had a knee replacement and had any problems with it?
My wife's just had a Hip replacement and for some reason we now keep meeting people who have had knee surgery, like a group of 7 men walking the canal on Friday who'd all had new knees and including one where I work and, although this is by no means an accurate sample, we've found about 50% have a bad experience!

The hip operation seems to have far less complications in general when you look it up on the internet.

That surprises me as I thought the opposite!

No help to you I'm afraid but it does seem people have more bad experiences to me than hips. stevmk2
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Joe Darlin',even if big JC came down to Earth and offered to do it..,I STILL wouldn't ...There's no-one coming near Me again with a knife unless it's accompanied by a nice juicy steak
Sorry for laughing but that was funny!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I also use WD40 (yes I know it says on the can not to use on the skin) but it does soak down through the skin and somehow manages to 'lubricate' the joint and thereby ease the pain - honest it does work!!!
You are joking of course??

What are you the 'Tin Man'

http://wd40.com/files/pdf/msds-wd482671453.pdf
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:29 PM

WD40???....Now I've heard everything
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:32 PM

You've talked about Botox not being used in a thread & yet you'd put some poison on your skin to soak through? Beats me where people get their ideas:-o
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
WD40???....Now I've heard everything
Using it is one thing...but to recommend it to others.!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You are joking of course??

What are you the 'Tin Man'

http://wd40.com/files/pdf/msds-wd482671453.pdf

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top