Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Re: Domestic Violence

Hi Cookiegate, I had the same e-mail but I chose not to sign as I didn't think it was relevant to his job as an MP. I abhor any act of domestic violence but the two things are unrelated.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Cookiegate, I had the same e-mail but I chose not to sign as I didn't think it was relevant to his job as an MP. I abhor any act of domestic violence but the two things are unrelated.
I think you are wrong Alan..any man who can hit a defenceless woman is not fit to hold any position of authority...

Mind you..having said that..these creeps don't usually have the balls to hit men!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I didn't sign it either because the organisation seemed biased against men.

You are quite right Lilac these cowards would never fight with someone their equal strength in fact everyone who knew my husband out side of the home, thought that he was a wonderful gentleman who 'worshipped the ground I walked on'

If David Ruffley has a mental illness then like any illness he needs time to recover. Many mentally ill people hold down jobs with support.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:30 PM

Defenceless women always sounds so wrong, so many men are beaten by their partners it isn't right to treat women as completely defenceless. I sympathise with anyone beaten.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Support?..will that stop them going home and beating the living daylights out of their partner??

Surely it is her that needs ''support''..

And I don't know if domestic violence is a ''mental illness''..I have travelled a lot..and it seems to me that the ''domestic violence'' pattern is very similar..no matter where you live...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Support?..will that stop them going home and beating the living daylights out of their partner??

Surely it is her that needs ''support''..

And I don't know if domestic violence is a ''mental illness''..I have travelled a lot..and it seems to me that the ''domestic violence'' pattern is very similar..no matter where you live...
Mental illness can lead to domestic violence is what we are saying, the man was ill and has made a mistake he is sorry for, his wife has accepted that so not for us to say he wasn't.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Domestic violence is not a mental illness - its all about control, in this case - it may be mental state .....
I came from an abusive father and although I was beaten as a child - it was horrific for me to hear or see my Mother beaten.
I cry at just the thought of it, so I will bow out - its the children that have my tears .......There is so much help and its common knowledge now, no woman should stay in that situation it ruins kids lives
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:51 PM

This is another one of those cowardly crimes that hasn't gone away, some may think it's all in the past but they are mistaken, I regularly hear stories in the local of domestic violence, including physical violence on both men and women, even by some who are looked upon as "Pillars of the Community"
I can never understand why a man can resort to hitting a woman, no matter what the reason, two people who once thought the sun shone out of each others backsides and now can't stand the sight of each other, thank God we now have divorce in this Country and the long suffering women have some form of escape, up to fairly recently they had to put up with it all their lives.
Getting back to your post Cate, if that MP was one of our lot I'd be the first to sign it, he should be kicked out and made an example of, this is not like an ordinary job, his character should be spotless and he should be an example to us, what sort of example does this give to the young men of today I ask you. Ruffly by name and nature eh, shame on the man.
lilac
West yorks uk

27-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Of course his wife will accept his apologies..after all she is a Tory wife..she won't want to lose her assets..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-07-2014, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Of course his wife will accept his apologies..after all she is a Tory wife..she won't want to lose her assets..
That's rather unkind Lilac, we have no idea what actually happened and it may just be she still loves him we don't know.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top