Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 02:36 PM

Re: Sundays

I don't like Sundays. I think if you are by yourself it can be a lonely day,especially if you are like me, I like to let my daughter enjoy a day with just her husband and children. I see them all during the week so I like to give them a day to themselves. lol except of course when my daughter days "you ARE coming for dinner" lol
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Marion ->
I don't like Sundays. I think if you are by yourself it can be a lonely day,especially if you are like me, I like to let my daughter enjoy a day with just her husband and children. I see them all during the week so I like to give them a day to themselves. lol except of course when my daughter days "you ARE coming for dinner" lol
Your daughter obviously enjoys your company Marion. That's nice
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 02:49 PM

Just another day here. Before I was widowed yes we tried to do something,go fishing ,go garden shopping,a roast for supper.

I used to hate Sundays at home; Get out of bed and Sunday school. Mother was not really a very good cook-the git would announce what a wonderful piece of beef(he must have enjoyed a bit of leather) Then ----you cannot go up to play football until everyone has gone into Chapel. It`s not like they were into the Chapel-just pretending to do the` right thing` and sod the son. But one good thing-the git took a bath on a Sunday-so his BO and feet were not too stinky until Monday.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:20 PM

I used to hate Sundays as a kid too. No shops open, nothing to do, parents having a "lie-in" followed by house cleaning, then dad off to the pub with granddad while mum and gran cooked dinner, then Liberace on TV in the afternoon. The only good thing was Jet Morgan on the radio at tea time.

It had improved by the time I was a teenager - we all went down to the Carlton Ballroom to hear the latest records and try to pluck up courage to ask a girl for a dance. We rarely did it though - usually just stood around like wallflowers hoping we looked cool.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:21 PM

Nor me Mags, just a "nothing" sort of day...
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:43 PM

Its the only day we have a cooked breakfast. A really long phone call to my mum ( this morning was nearly 2 hours) ..
We often have a roast dinner and a pudding which is not something we do during the week and its the day I normally make my bread.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:53 PM

Gimme a Friday anytime
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Nor me Mags, just a "nothing" sort of day...
That a perfect description of it for me too, Twiz
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:00 PM

Just another day for me too, but I like to spend the mid hours over at the allotment when the shop opens (11-2) for lots of chat. I don't buy a paper on Sundays so it's possible I don't go any further than the end of my road. Unless I decide to have a stroll down to the park.

Last week I didn't do a roast, having had one a day or so before, after my starvation diet.

Sitting here now with a second (small) glass of bitter shandy with lime cordial. I buy packs of soft drink cans from Morrisons as they're so reasonable. The No Added Sugar (NAS) shandy, cream soda, dandelion and burdock, diet coke. Also occasionally an 8 pack of diet cherry cola from Sainsburys. Yum.

Oh, back to Sundays. Different tv schedule too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:26 PM

Well what a grumpy old lot.
As I said at the beginning, I love my Sundays, especially in the summer.
Everything is more relaxed. Even the outside sounds are different here. There is no rush of traffic of people hurrying to work, and no car doors slamming or kids screaming at each other, as the Mums drop their kids off at school.
I reckon even the birds sing louder - unless it's just that I can hear them better on a Sunday!

It is the only day I spoil myself with a cooked breakfast and the Sunday paper, and if I want a lay in, I'll have one.

My favourite dinner is a Sunday roast, it doesn't taste the same on a Wednesday

If I go out anywhere, I notice people are more relaxed and smiley, probably with not having to rush about to a timetable.

I think there are loads of differences if you only notice.
What's more, if I don't seem to have achieved very much by bedtime - I don't care, because its Sunday.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top