Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Re: Planning for next year

I would love to grow more of my own plants but I really couldn't put up with pots everywhere. We do use the garage a lot, there's a couple of small windows there and one side of it faces south so it gets very warm.
Since we moved here 4yrs ago I've filled the garden with all kinds of plants, lovely, just how I like it. Addicted?! Yep!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I would love to grow more of my own plants but I really couldn't put up with pots everywhere. We do use the garage a lot, there's a couple of small windows there and one side of it faces south so it gets very warm.
Since we moved here 4yrs ago I've filled the garden with all kinds of plants, lovely, just how I like it. Addicted?! Yep!

Good for you gal. I'm addicted too.
I might not have so many bits and bobs indoors if I had more room outside, but I do so love growing things.
I've taken loads of geranium cuttings, and I always take cuttings of my best Pinks as well, they smell wonderful. I've even cut some Sweet Peas and put them on the breakfast table too. I just love all the different colours and smells, and I'm sure there are alot worse vices. At least I am not harming anyone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oooh, wicked uncle Nom.

Now most of the strawberries are gone, she is perfecting her long jump & high jump, so she can bring my washing in for me - even if I have only just put it out!

BTW, I have just seen the perfect job for you. Manager on an island 2 miles out to sea, Bardsey Island. £16,000 p.a. just for 3 years. Only 7 people live there, I thought you'd like that? I could even loan you Nellie for company. :-
Sad i wont be going for the following reasons.

Manager, scum of the earth shoot them all.

Bardsey down South.

7 people far too overcrowded i would get the vapors.

BTW you should get that dawg on the X Factor there is a chap on there with funny trousers likes dawgs. When you win youcould finance your repiars / move / strawberry patch.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sad i wont be going for the following reasons.

Manager, scum of the earth shoot them all.

Bardsey down South.

7 people far too overcrowded i would get the vapors.

BTW you should get that dawg on the X Factor there is a chap on there with funny trousers likes dawgs. When you win youcould finance your repiars / move / strawberry patch.

Mmm, its about time she earned her keep.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 06:08 PM

I ventured out into the rain soaked garden and see my garlic is up and doing nicely. It is such an easy and productive plant to grow . Hopefully there should be a good crop next year.
Nightowl
suffolk
Nightowl is female 

11-11-2015, 12:21 AM

Love my garden.........its the place I go to for peace of mind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:31 AM

Pleased to say my winter flowering honeysuckle and hydrangea cuttings have rooted and are big enough to plant out! Lots of wallflowers and Sweet Williams from seed too!
Nightowl
suffolk
Nightowl is female 

11-11-2015, 12:52 AM

Many years ago I had a greenhouse and grew all my own plants from seeds,
then the children came along and I never had the time.........maybe I might
start doing a few again but I'll have to grow them inside...the greenhouse
is long gone.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nightowl ->
Love my garden.........its the place I go to for peace of mind.
Me too, not sure I could live anywhere without one.

I was in the garden cutting the lawns for the last time yesterday and doing a bit of re arranging ready for Spring! Yaaaay !!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 12:24 AM

You all should have seen the saga of my greenhouse build by now. Am I pleased ,the answer is a definate yes even though we have not yet used it for a full year. There is no way we could have grown tomato plants -cucumbers etc from seed without it. only 5 ft x 4 ft in size to fit in the space

tomato plant

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top