Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Re: Roy Orbison

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Roy's 'Only in Dreams' is one of my Favourites but can't upload it From youtube
This one Azure is a little less scary than the version from "Blue Velvet"

dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Then remember he was a member of the Traveling Wilburys, even if they did fall about laughing when his trained voice came in.

ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:40 PM

I love the Traveling Wilburys Vol 1, it is sad to think how much more could have been recorded with them if he had lived.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:59 PM

I loved all his records, I didn't realise he was only 52 when he died.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I loved all his records, I didn't realise he was only 52 when he died.
Indeed, very young. He never drank alcohol so his only downfalls were smoking and being a workaholic. I really do think he worked himself to death - refusing to stop even when he was very ill.

If he had only taken a break and sought medical advice he could have probably had another heart bypass (originally done in 1978) and lived at least to the 2000s.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
This one Azure is a little less scary than the version from "Blue Velvet"

Thank you so much Duke.

Wonderful with stunning pictures and graphics
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 09:47 AM

I'm a big Roy Orbison fan too. I remember the first time I heard his voice on the radio - He was singing Only the lonely and I stopped what I was doing just to sit there and listen. He had such a beautiful unique voice.
No other in the world like it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm a big Roy Orbison fan too. I remember the first time I heard his voice on the radio - He was singing Only the lonely and I stopped what I was doing just to sit there and listen. He had such a beautiful unique voice.
No other in the world like it.
Its a favourite for me and Running Scared
dukeofearl
south coast uk

07-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Indeed, very young. He never drank alcohol so his only downfalls were smoking and being a workaholic. I really do think he worked himself to death - refusing to stop even when he was very ill.

If he had only taken a break and sought medical advice he could have probably had another heart bypass (originally done in 1978) and lived at least to the 2000s.
Then again Susan I would have perhaps gone before he did, his wife died in a motor -bike accident and then fire destroyed his house in Tennessee, killing two of his three children.
Guess he just had to throw himself into work to block out the pain.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top