Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:46 AM

Re: Don't walk home alone girls.

I was half watching it so didn't catch the salient points, like who she'd been with, what time it was, why she was walking, not getting a cab.

As Barry says, it is a fact of life now that no-one is safe with opportunists around every corner.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:59 AM

She had met a friend ( male )and they had been drinking at various bars until Very late ( 3.40am) when she set off for home alone .
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 01:23 AM

Depending where I am, I will walk alone till 11:00 pm or so. I remember a few years ago after an office Christmas party that was held in a downtown restaurant, going out to get a taxi....without realizing that the taxi companies had gone on strike just that evening....It was 3:00 am and I was walking and walking and no taxis in sight, but I wasn't afraid, downtown on a Friday night at that time looks and feels like 3:00 in the afternoon !! I finally found the last taxi on the road and he was willing to take me home !

Would I do the same thing today ? No, I wouldn't.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:08 AM

It's certainly a worry.
Is chivalry really dead?

I know being a parent requires you to also be a taxi driver and sometimes it seems a pain.....but I try not to moan(too much)
I tell my kids (25 & 21) that they must phone me, no matter the time, if they find they are left to get home alone(not the film) I'll either get the car out and go and get them or pay for a taxi.

I don't want them thinking they can't phone Dad the Taxi.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Was it when women became liberated that everything changed?
No it was when women started removing their clothes at the drop of a hat for photos in newspapers, getting drunk in the streets and generally behaving like prostitutes !.......and the advent of the contraceptive pill, so if that's liberation then perhaps you are correct !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 06:56 AM

You have a point there, Malcolm.

When I took the dog for a walk at about 9:00pm last night I saw saw three girls just setting off for a night out. They were caked in make up, wore low-necked strappy tops, no bras and skirts that barely covered their knickers. They looked like prostitutes going on duty.

I see these same three most mornings - in their uniforms on route to school. The eldest is 15yrs old.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No it was when women started removing their clothes at the drop of a hat for photos in newspapers, getting drunk in the streets and generally behaving like prostitutes !.......and the advent of the contraceptive pill, so if that's liberation then perhaps you are correct !

Liberation has IMO got little to do with it
Most women do not remove their clothles at the drop of a hat for newspaper shoots .
' Generally behaving like prostitures ' ?
How do prostitutes generally behave ?
Or do you mean if a girl is walking e street in the early hours of the morning she is behaving like a prostiture ?
Do you think then that this behaviour is reprehensible and therefore she is the author of her own misfortunes?

In theory a woman should be able to walk the streets without danger dressed exactly as she wishes when she wishes .
In practice this is not so .
Girls are taught that they are equal to men .
And they are but not in all things .

Mans perception of women as easy prey is nothing new.
Women have always been attacked and abused throughout the ages .
Jack the Ripper killed women who were alone.
In the Middle Ages women were routinely abused by the Lord of the Manor it was called the ' droit de seignor
In earlier days women servants were abused by the males of the households .
Women just have to take care and not put themselves in a potentionaly dangerous position .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2016, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You have a point there, Malcolm.

When I took the dog for a walk at about 9:00pm last night I saw saw three girls just setting off for a night out. They were caked in make up, wore low-necked strappy tops, no bras and skirts that barely covered their knickers. They looked like prostitutes going on duty.

I see these same three most mornings - in their uniforms on route to school. The eldest is 15yrs old.
Young girls do wear make up and make mistakes in dress.
I am surprised that girls as young as this would be going out for a night out on a school day .
If so this is a fault of parenting .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Liberation has IMO got little to do with it
It's mans perception of women as easy prey .
Women have always been attacked and abused throughout the ages .
Jack the Ripper killed women who were alone.
In the Middle Ages women were routinely abused by the Lord of the Manor it was called the ' droit de seignor
In earlier days women servants were abused by the males of the households .
Women just have to take care and not put themselves in a potentionaly dangerous position .
Yes....you would think they'd have learned by now !
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 07:22 AM

You can't put an old head on young shoulders, they think they know it all but girls should be able to dress any which way without being accosted or raped.
The Rapist is the wrong one not the girl she should be able to dress how she pleases.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top