Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: I fear I've lost a friend. Me and my big mouth.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Went to see a pal last night.
He was telling me how his son was caught having a spliff at school. He was suspended and now the board of governors have made it permanent and told him he must leave.

The school is a private school and what the governors say, happens.

My pal explained his son was caught in the car park, on a Saturday following an inter-school foitball match.
The decision has infuriated him as two pupils were caught having a spliff a couple of months ago in the toilets.
They were suspended for 1 week and allowed back.

I told him his son had behaved badly, broken the law and deserved everything he got.

My pal told me to leave and that our friendship was over.

Oh well.......don't ask a question if you may not like the answer.
If you was a true friend you would not be discussing your friends conversation on a public forum.
I think hes made the right decision .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
If you was a true friend you would not be discussing your friends conversation on a public forum.

Bitchy....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:51 PM

That's not very fair many of us come here to talk things through with other forum members if we can't do that not much reason to have forums.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Bitchy....
I am fairly shocked at that comment by Eliza ... unless the friend is a member of this forum, of course, and can be identified in any way.

In which case, I would agree with you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:53 PM

I think that's a bit harsh if you don't mind me saying, Eliza.

Tpin hasn't named names, none of have a clue who is talking about, and haven't most of us talked about family or friends at times?

If someone is a little upset about losing a friend, and wants to share, how can anyone offer advice if he doesn't even tell us the problem?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
i think that's a bit harsh if you don't mind me saying, eliza.

Tpin hasn't named names, none of have a clue who is talking about, and haven't most of us talked about family or friends at times?

If someone is a little upset about losing a friend, and wants to share, how can anyone offer advice if he doesn't even tell us the problem?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:01 PM

just speaking how id feel if my friends went public on a conversation i had with them ,I dont think it harsh or b*****. I would put myself in their shoes ..

And as for coming on here to talk it through, I can understand BUT that can be done by PMs..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:35 PM

Pms to all the forum ? If tpin wanted to chat about it I can't see why he should use pm system. A lot of us come here and chat about friends and family.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Tpin isn't going to mention names on a forum, and it's not necessary for him to do so anyway.

All I can say bud is maybe wait a couple of days and give your mate a ring. Or go see him. perhaps you could come to some sort of compromise - saying "I didn't mean it like that" or something. And if he is a real friend and someone who is level-headed enough to not bear a grudge, I'm sure you could both patch things up.

I've been in situations like this myself, often at parties when drink causes home truths to be aired and I've learned that anything to do with 'family business' is best avoided. Let them sort it out themselves.

Best of luck pal
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Pms to all the forum ? If tpin wanted to chat about it I can't see why he should use pm system. A lot of us come here and chat about friends and family.
Quite right Julie.

For a start, PM ing dozens of people would be ludicrous lol

When we want a consensus of opinion, advice, or a healthy discussion, we post on here for all to see.

Good grief, just think how quickly our message boxes would fill up !!!

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top